Chapter 25- Start Of The Night

Thank you all so much for reading, voting and commenting! I need to edit this one im afraid it might be a bit hard to read so let me know!

"Who the hell told you!" Tony snaps standing then looks at Bucky "was it you Mr protective?" he asks raising an eyebrow "Look I only found out because of Mia so don't go excusing me again" Bucky says holding up his hands so Tony turns to look at Steve "you knew" he says angry "for god's sake Tony I overheard you in the kitchen stop blaming everyone else" I snap.

Rhodey tries pulling him to sit back down but he doesn't move his eyes searching every part of me leaning over the table. Guilt, regret and anger fill his expression but I stare back plainly fighting the temptation just to smile to get under his skin.

"Can we at least talk about it?" he asks me and I couldn't hold back the smile anymore I start to laugh "now you want to talk about it? you guys have a way with lying then only wanting to fix things when the cat is out of the bag"

"I have heard enough!" Fury says standing up and Tony sits down but not taking his eyes off me "tonight there is a huge public party you are both on the guestlist, we want you both to go! It will give us time to look over the tower so you can head home after and give the public the answers and in doing so help the Avengers"

"You are not asking, you can't force her to do anything" Bucky says crossing his arms sitting back annoyed in his seat "while you are right agent Barnes the situation needs pushing I think this is the safest option for everyone. Mia included with the public attention on her it will be harder for Hydra or her birth father to try to come and kidnap her" Fury explains and I hear Bruce sigh.

I can also hear the pain in Fury voice when he talks about my dad.

"I understand why you are upset and why you do not want to spend any time with Tony right now but I think he is right. It is better for you both just to come out clean to the public and could be used to be a safer way for the public to know who you are in case someone does try capturing you" Bruce says and I frown.

"It will also be away to get the reporters away from the tower" Rhodey adds and Fury agrees "then it is settled-" Fury says and Bucky hand tightens as he interrupts "it is not settled, are you okay with it doll?" he asks me and I look at Tony then sigh seeing him watching me "ill live its just one night" I say not looking forward to it but it has to be done. 

"On to the next thing then the text from your birth father" Fury says sitting up more serious with an upset expression worn about the subject "I checked Jarvis there is no way he got it in the tower and no worker went near Mia stuff" Tony says "could Jarvis have been overridden?" Bucky asks which seems to hit another nerve of Tony.

"Are you undermining my judgement and my tech?" Tony asks "enough both of you this is about protecting Mia" Steve says "if it wasn't at the tower then it would have to be at the farmhouse right?" I ask my voice smaller than I wished it was. 

"As we speak Clint and Nat with the twins are helping the family move to a safe house at least for a while till we figure it out" Fury says and I nod sadly feeling guilt that they were able to follow us out there.

"I should have never gone" it was unfair to Laura and the kids "I tried calling you when I heard you were coming back why did it go straight to voicemail?" Bucky asks "you gave her a frigin phone!" Tony says standing up and Steve stands up this time as well "stop it Tony it wasn't trackable I made sure"

"Oh your in on this idea too?" he says looking pissed at Steve "doll?" Bucky asks again ignoring the two "I went to call you after I got in an argument with Clint but he thought it was from Wade so he smashed it" I say and Bucky sighs "good! if only he smashed it sooner! any phone is traceable with the right tech and this is Hyrda of all people your both idiots! Both of you should know better than anyone as well!" Tony shouts.