Chapter 40- Peace

Hey guys!

Thank you for everyone voting, reading and commenting recently! This chapter will need editing so beware! I cant wait to write the next couple of chapter planned after this one!

"Where are you thinking?" I ask getting straight to the point "one of you told her already?" Jack asks annoyed crossing his arms looking between Ethan and Wade.

"It kind of slipped out at the bbq when I was drunk" Wade says taking a deep breath.

"No wonder you have been upset" Jack says coming next to me on the bed while giving Wade a side glare "I am so sorry Mia it was supposed to come out better than that we wanted to explain everything first-"

"So you are leaving at the end of this week right?" I ask my smile falling I couldn't hold it up "oh baby" Ethan says moving in front of me "with everything going on we had been travelling around Asia going to safe houses on amazing islands and while travelling together we all just kind of fell in love with one of the islands" he says moving a piece of my hair behind my ear to stop it covering my face.

"What about work? You guys love your work and you guys love the city! Brooklyn was our home" I say and Wade frowns "Bunny we only ever stayed for you" he says sitting to the right side of me and I frown "what?"

"Wade" Jack says in a warning tone but Wade shakes his head "Bunny it's time you knew the truth" he says.

"The truth?" I ask barely finding my voice I was fed up with how many times I have heard it recently.

"We all planned after our first contract term ended with Shield that we would leave the job, we had never planned to stay full term. We only joined in the first place because it was just easy money and the money started being higher money than what I and Jack were earning as a merc. Then I meet you in that fire and after saving you I saw the way Shield higherups looked at you it was no better than Hydra did. Fury saw it too which is why he and Phil took you in, they knew if anyone else got their hands on you they would have worked you like you weren't even human. But then you became attached to me instantly only wanting to be near me and I couldn't walk away from you not when you trusted me and only me. We all loved you like a daughter. So we stayed and we wanted to make Shield never put you on dangerous missions but they did even Phil or Fury couldn't even protect you from them.

We then only agreed to stay on at Shield if we could become your teammates and Shield accepted. We wanted to wait until you were old enough that they couldn't manipulate you and you could make a decision about staying with the organisation or not but then you meet Nat and Clint. We saw how happy you were, our plans were to make sure you settle which you did with your mates, you meet people more your age your team got changed but not more than a year after we all found out about Laura and you lost control.

You then asked me to hide you, we thought of coming clean to you then about wanting to move aboard and you coming with us but then we saw your heartbreak. We knew you need your mate's whether that would be Clint and Nat changing or meeting one of the others. We knew your chances of finding that happiness was to stay in the city-"

"Is that why you quit Shield on the spot?" I ask my voice cracking "because when you found out the Avengers were my mates you expected them to take me?"

"No! Oh god baby no!" Ethan says with a frown "you could ask us to take you from here right now and we would fight to the death for you, it has always been about what you wanted or what was best for you baby"

"What I wanted..." I mumble sadly looking down.

'Your so selfish Nat voice repeated in my mind and my heart tightens at the thought "hey no no no" Ethan says hugging me "get that bitch out of your head" he says reading my mind he then pulls back still on his knees in front of me and he looks up into my eyes. "I can't believe Nat said that to you I thought you were all getting along?" Ethan asks and I sigh.