Chapter 50- 30th August

Sorry guys I haven't been happy with this chapter and was rewriting it over and over but I finally decided to give in and publish it. It will need editing and I hope it all makes sense.

Anyway! Thank you all for reading, commenting and voting! 

"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to Mia! Happy birthday to you!" they sing and I wake up with a groan as Nat and Clint held the birthday pancakes out with candles in them over my bed "you are supposed to let the girl sleep in on her birthday!" I grumble. 

"I don't care we have so much planned for you today so get up!" Nat says removing the pillow that I was hiding my head under.

"Yup come on baby it's time to get up!" Phil says walking in with Fury following behind a stern face as always "the Wilsons are also on the way and your friends so we gotta get the party started! now blow out the candles" Fury says and I sit up knowing there is no arguing with him.

I blow out the candles "Wilsons" Clint grumbles rolling his eyes making me smirk. 

"Stop being jealous Clint" I say "oh jealous huh?" he says holding out his hands in the air and my eyes widen realising what that meant "oh you are in for it now" Phil laughs and I try to make a run for it but it is too late as Clint jumps on the bed and starts tickling me "CLINT!" I say trying to squirm "can you take these back?" Nat asks handing the pancakes to Fury who nods. 

Nat jumps in joining the attack making me scream "nooo!" 

________________

My eyes flutter open the feeling of the dream still feeling so real but the hardness of the floor under me told me different "Happy birthday" Nat whispers kissing my head as she must have felt me move "too early" I grumble which makes her laugh "I guess things don't really ever change do they?" she asks and I nod wondering if she was thinking of that morning the same as I. 

How did we get here?

I look across to Clint was still asleep but Ethan was up and already looking at me.

"Happy birthday baby how are you feeling?" Ethan asks me with a hopeful smile "still weak" I mumble feeling sick "she is still burned up but it has calmed down nowhere near as bad as last night" Nat says and Ethan nods in thought letting out a sigh in frustration gripping his hair his eyes lost. 

I knew what he was thinking. 

Nat wraps her arms around me and I let her enjoying her comfort which will properly be for the last time. 

"I will miss you guys" I say not able to help or stop the tear falling.

I hated to admit it but I was scared.

I knew today was the day and god I hoped I would not survive it "don't talk like that Mia" Nat says her grip getting a bit tighter "the chances of me surviving this are low as it is" I say in a whisper but I know they could hear me. 

A few seconds of silence go by as we hear Clint begin to stir.

"If I do survive and I reach full power I need you guys to kill me if you get the chance" I say what has Clint sitting up sharply "Mia I told you don't talk like that" Clint says angrily and I sigh "if you don't I could kill you guys, the others and innocents. If I did that any of that I would never forgive myself" I say remembering missions I have done in the past. 

I remember my first mission before Wade won the case against shield to have me on his team. I did a mission with a few men that I did not know and I was forced to kill hundreds on a battlefield I didn't even know what I was fighting for.