The Night of the Fire

Originally from my oneshot series but decided to add on

Since the song Alarm by Anne Marie was the inspiration for the story I've decided to add the lyrics in the one shot!

_________________________

'We are now on the way turtle' Billy's message brights up and I smile, Billy is my best friend out of my friend group.

Shield a secret organization found me when I was 8 saving me from a bad situation with Hydra.

My adoptive dads Phil and Fury took me under their roof looking after me with my older teammates the Wilsons but when they left I was placed on a team with people around my age.

Billy was one of them and always looked out for me accepting me in the team quicker than the others and keeping me from harm on missions when I messed up.

I glance into the mirror doing a quick over.

We are all going to one of my teammates Liz's birthday party and her mate Theo is doing a massive party for her inviting a lot of her friends so I was excited.

I take note of myself knowing Billy will be here soon but frown at the piece of hair sticking up despite the endless battle of fighting the curls down. I open my dresser top drawer to see I've lost all of my hair clips again.

Why are they always disappearing?

Hair bands too.

I swear there must be an elf that comes to everyone's houses and steals them.

Either that or Rapunzel joined a new career.

I tsk giving up knowing ill have to steal one of Nat's as she is always much more organized than I when it comes to looking after her stuff.

Not that it's surprising after all she is one of the best assassins in the world with my other mate Clint Barton coming to a close second.

It's how they meet Clint being sent to kill her off.

I know how romantic right?

Not that our meeting was any more romantic with Fury introducing them while I was training.

Everyone was surprised by us being mates after all I am younger but we accepted the platonic bond between us knowing it could never be more.

We meet often after that day we always wanted to make sure the other was okay when an attack on my home with my adoptive dads while they were on a mission had my mates offering me a room under their roof and I took it.

Now I have been living with them for almost a year we fell into a comfortable pattern.

I open their bedroom door their room only slightly larger than my own as I smile at the awards all over the wall Nat displaying Clint's archery competitions proudly despite him blushing under the praise every time she beams at him about them.

I only saw it when we were alone them both telling me they don't let others see them like that but I was glad they trusted me enough to let their guard around me.

I have to admit I envy them but I know when I am older ill meet my other mates some of which I am sure will be closer to my age.

I walk to Nat's dresser pulling the draw open carefully making sure not to set off anything.

She had taught me the traps that they had set up around the apartment just in case someone tried breaking in.

I remember almost killing myself 4 times within the first week of living with them but they kept around just in case while I settled and I was thankful if not id be dead right now.