Chapter 10: Did You Just... Bite Me?

(The Final Exam Arc)

Nana's POV

Only a week away from our final exams of this semester, Aizawa warned us Class 1-A to prepare our minds and our bodies for both the written and practical sections of the exam. And because of his scary warning, each and every one of us dived into rough training and study sessions for the entire week, not wasting a single moment of a day as we prepared ourselves for the finals. And then the days of the written exams had finally arrived and we all had to undergo three straight days of these written exams. As the three days of the written exam were over in a flash, it was finally time for the First Term practical exam of the semester.

Right now we Class 1-A headed towards the practical exam area The Center Plaza in our hero costumes as per Aizawa's instructions. As we approached the entrance, we noticed all the members of 1-A's faculty Midnight, Cementoss, Aizawa, Power Loader, Ectoplasm, Thirteen, Snipe, and Present Mic were all standing outside the doorway of the Center Plaza with mischievous looks on their faces.

"Now we will begin the practical exam!" Aizawa announced. "Of course, it is possible to fail this exam. If you want to go to the training camp then don't make any stupid mistakes. I expect that you all have gathered information ahead of time and have some idea of what you will be doing."

"We are fighting robot Warriors like at the entrance exam, right?" Kaminari asked excitedly.

Aizawa loosened his scarf a bit and suddenly Principal Nezu popped out from under the scarf, nearly giving us all a heart attack.

"For various reasons, the exam will be different starting this time!!" Nezu stated cheerily.

"Principal Nezu?!" we all gasped in surprise.

"From now on we want to focus on person-to-person combat and hero work and stress teaching that is closer to actual fighting..." Nezu explained with a bright smile on his face. "So... we will have you form teams of two to fight against one teacher!"

"Against the teachers?" we asked in unison.

"In addition, the pairs and who each pair will be up against have already been decided." Nezu went on. "These were determined at my discretion based on various factors, including fighting style, grades, and interpersonal relationships, so here they are..."

"First Todoroki and Yaoyorozu are one team and they're fighting me..." Aizawa smirked devilishly. "And Midoriya, Bakugo and Nana are a team..."

Right on cue, Midoriya and Bakugo let out a loud gasp as they looked at each other with shocked expressions on their faces. Of course, the teachers would pair these two forever rivals up alongside me. I should have known better.

"And their opponent..." Aizawa trailed off.

And then at that moment, All Might flew up down from high up in the sky and landed right in front of me.

"I will do it!" All Might announced with his usual toothy grin on his face.

"All Might?!" Midoriya gasped in shock, too stunned to move or speak any further.

"Toshi-chan?!" I gasped out as well, my eyes widened in absolute horrification.

"Work together to beat me, you three!" All Might grinned widely at us.

Yep. We were screwed. Big time.

"And now we'll announce the teams and the teachers they'll be up against all at once!!" Nezu announced.

As the Principal began to announce the names of the matchup teams and their opponent teachers, I tuned out everything as I began to think of strategies to beat All Might. It would be difficult to win against him when I had people like Midoriya and Bakugo on the team. I didn't have any problems with them. I loved them. Individually, both Midoriya and Bakugo were very strong and intelligent, and also they were good friends of mine. But the problem lay in the personal relationship between those two. Bakugo hated Midoriya and Midoriya was always scared of Bakugo and never talked back to the angry blonde.