Chapter 17: Three Minutes!

(The Shie Hassaikai Arc)

Nana's POV

About the hero work studies that are like a more serious version of the internships, where you go to where pro heroes work and help them, we talked about them at our faculty meeting yesterday, and almost all the teachers including the principal thought you shouldn't do them. But something we wouldn't be able to raise strong heroes with our current policies, so we came to the decision that first years would only be allowed to go to agencies with a good track record of accepting work-study students.

That's what my old man Aizawa told us, the Class 1-A in our first-period class today, which made me think about where to go this time. I mean I worked with Enji-san during the internship with Shoto and I learned a lot from that brooding hero, but this time I wanted to work with someone different.

Right now it was our lunch break and All Might suddenly called me to meet him in his office room. I didn't have any idea what he wanted to talk to me about but I bet it was something very important.

"Toshi-chan, you called?" I said as I pushed the door open.

I looked inside the room and found Midoriya and Mirio were also present there.

"Izuku, Mirio senpai?" I muttered, tilting my head to the side a bit. "You guys are here as well?"

"Nana-chan!" Midoriya smiled at me.

"Hello, Nana-kun!" Mirio grinned brightly at me, waving his hand.

I returned the gesture to the boys and sat beside Midoriya on the couch and looked over at the former pro hero who was sitting on a couch in the opposite direction.

"Nana-chan, I wanted to talk to you about something important." All Might stated in a serious tone. "Do you remember Sir Nighteye who you met years ago?"

"Your former sidekick?" I asked. "Yeah, I remember him."

Yes, I did remember that weird old man. I met Nighteye for the first time when Toshi-chan fought All For One and got seriously injured. I met him at the hospital where Toshi-chan was admitted. Gran Torino was also there at that time, but unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to meet him until just a few months ago during our internship. Nighteye was also friends with my late parents and they were the ones who introduced Nighteye to All Might in the first place.

"So what about Sir Nighteye?" I asked.

"He's interested in you." All Might replied.

"Huh?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Sir offered you a proposal to work with him in his agency..." Mirio added, still grinning. "He thinks you're someone worthy of becoming a true hero."

"You left quite an impression on him when you guys met years ago." All Might smiled warmly at me.

Why do you want to become a hero, Osaki-kun? 

So no one loses their loved ones as I did... No one becomes an orphan like me... 

Even if you possess a villainous quirk like the Ghoul quirk? 

My quirk and my morals are two different things, old man. And that's why I'll become strong and prove to everyone that my quirk isn't villainous...