Chapter 45: And So The Rumbling Begins!!!

Nana's POV (The fateful day: The beginning of the 2nd War)

Around 10 AM this morning, Midoriya and I made our way toward an abandoned city outside UA to meet up with Aoyama. When we finally reached the designated spot, we found our blonde friend standing alone in the middle of a huge parking lot in front of a shopping mall.

"Thank you for coming..." Aoyama greeted us in a quiet yet monotone voice with a dull look in his eyes as Midoriya and I flew down from the sky and landed just a few feet away from him on the ground.

"Why are you out here, Aoyama? Weren't you being detained?" I asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"My parents' lawyer got me released..." Aoyama replied and this brought a big smile to Midoriya's face.

"We gotta tell everyone!" Midoriya stated in relief, turning around to leave. "We can rejoin the search effort and-"

"Wait..." Aoyama spoke up again, causing Midoriya to halt on his spot while I stared at the blonde boy with a skeptical look. "I'd like to speak to you two. It's almost funny... That courts and the illegal system still exist despite Japan being in ruins. With society as it is now, would the old ways of living really get you anywhere?"

"What do you mean Aoyama?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Let me tell you All For One's real goal..." Aoyama continued and this got our full attention. "With the state Japan's in... do you know what's become of the rest of the world? The sudden crash in the value of the Yen... forced Japanese corporations into bankruptcy. That, plus the coordinated uprisings of villains caused the damage to spread worldwide. Now the world faces a crisis much like the Great Depression or the period around the advent of quirks. Record unemployment, loss of faith in currencies... an era of total chaos."

"What are you talking about, Aoyama?" Midoriya asked, getting a bit uncomfortable with this talk.

"Lacking the strength to implement long-term policies, Japan's society devolves into one scrambling for short-term safety. While the nations who have abandoned Japan prioritize their own stability. In such a world imagine a country lacking potable water. Imagine if a quirk capable of producing that water were to suddenly appear. Or electricity or gas. Or strength. As the world is plunged into this state of chaotic decline, we suddenly have an arena ripe for a certain remarkable individual to take the initiative. he would become the world's arbiter; its very own Demon Lord. He only had to rock that balance somewhere. It didn't matter how." Aoyama added.

AFO's ultimate plan is... Capitalism... To become a World Bank?! Like seriously?! You gotta be fucking kidding me!!

"I don't think so... The world would never go along with that." I countered back in a strong tone.

"Nana-chan's right. Besides the world still has us!" Midoriya added.

"True. Which is why it all has to end here." Aoyama stated with a saddened face and teary eyes, his voice cracking in the end as a certain someone emerged from behind him. "I'm sorry. Alas, I had to protect Mama and Papa."

"All For One!!" Midoriya and I gasped out in unison, shocked, our eyes widened in the process.

"Splendidly done, Yuga Aoyama." AFO stated and clapped his hands, who was in formal attire with a black skull mask covering his whole head. "How terrifying it must have been to turn on your friends like this. How heartrending, to betray someone who put their faith in you. But you overcame the fear and pain! And that speech about my ultimate goal? Wonderful! Wrong in some of the details but that's fine. Did your parents explain it all to you?"