Chapter 25: Class 1-A's Victory!!

(The Class 1-A VS Class 1-B Joint Training Arc)

Nana's POV

My eyes widened a bit in a fraction when I noticed Shinsou slowly walking forward and standing in front of us. Some of the students surrounded the purple-haired boy, expressing how delighted they were seeing him join us in today's training exercise while also asking curiously about Shinsou's new hero costume and whatever, but all those words fell on my deaf ears as I kept on wondering of how much Shinsou had grown within these past couple of months. I mean I knew that he was taking his training from my old man Aizawa, but I never asked my old man about the boy's progress. After all, lots of things had happened in my life within the past few months, so it was obvious that Shinsou never came to my mind that much.

"Go ahead and greet everyone..." Aizawa said, gesturing for Shinsou to step forward.

Shinsou closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He then again looked back at us and started to speak.

"I know I have already encountered many of you at the sports festival..." Shinsou stated in a firm tone with a serious look on his face. "But you wouldn't catch me thinking that we are all buddies now that we have exchanged blows. I'm not some good-natured person trying to tout a superficial sense of sportsmanship. The fact of the matter is I have gotten a late start and I have already been left in the dust of hundreds of steps by you all. I'm sorry but I'm desperate. I will become a great hero so that I can use my quirk to help others. All of you here today are obstacles that I must overcome. I have no intention of making friends."

"That's quite the glare..." Uraraka whispered.

"Things are getting tense..." Tokoyami muttered.

"He kinda reminds me of early you, Shoto." I chuckled.

"You think?" Shoto asked, making me nod my head in response.

"I like this one..." Monoma smirked.

"Alright, let's get right down to it then!" Aizawa announced.

"Combat exercises!" Vlad King called out. "This time around, it's a battle between Class A VS Class B!! And the stage will be the industrial section of Training Field Gamma! Each side will split up into groups of 4 and one team from each will battle it out at a time! However, as we've 42 students present here today, there'll be a slight difference. And the difference is that; firstly, as Class A already has 21 students, we'll put Shinsou with Class B and make the total number of students in B 21. Secondly, while all the teams will have 4 members, one team from A and one team from B will have 5 members in each of them and those two 5-member groups will go against each other. The setting for this battle is the 'Heroes moved to surround the villain group and captured them! Each team shall perceive the other as the villains! Once either team captures all members of the other, it's their victory!"

"They have been saying that the villains are becoming organized after all." Komori from Class B stated.

"Nice and simple. I like it!" TetsuTetsu grinned.

"We're supposed to be heroes and yet to our opponents, we're villains?! So which is it?! What are we?!" Iida panicked.

"I think it's fine to consider yourself a hero..." Yaoyorozu responded.

"In each team's camp, we have installed our 'Wicked Cute Irredeemable Prison'. The moment you imprison your opponent in there, they will be considered captured." Vlad King added, pointing at the prison which had Principal Nezu's pictures on it.

"That means rending your opponents unable to fight close to your own base would be the most efficient. But that sure won't be easy..." Shishida from Class B commented.