Chapter 43: Loving Him Was A Calming Blue

Nana's POV

Blue or Bluish-Turquoise; one of my favorite colors besides red, black, white, and purple.

To others, blue represents the healing nature of water and the power of stormy seas. It's what separates bodies of land from one another, and it's a marker of loyalty and fidelity. Like many colors, the response to the color blue is complex and sometimes even contradictory.

Blue represents introspective journeys and symbolizes wisdom and depth of understanding. While blue conjures images of sky and sea, it's also the color of bravery and dedication. Blue represents introspective journeys and symbolizes wisdom and depth of understanding, but it is also a symbol of depression and the depths of the human psyche.

In the meaning of the colors, blue relates to verbal communication. Blue is a giver, not a taker. It represents strong relationships and feels deeply hurt if betrayed. Blue stands for serenity, protection, bravery, stability, wisdom, and loyalty, rather than passion, and it's the color of all that's constant and unchanging, also associating with peaceful rest, profound insight, spiritual realization, unfriendliness, depression, and sadness.

But to me, blue always meant love and warmth. It meant passion and desire. It meant undying romance and beauty. And that's what I exactly felt whenever I gazed at Touya's breathtaking bluish-turquoise eyes or his mesmerizing blue flames. 

Hey, Touya, do you remember the first time we met? 

Because I believed it was fated for us to become good friends and eventually lovers. 

I figured that it was part of our destiny... 

So smile about it.

It was a long time ago when I met Touya for the first time. Both of us were little kids back then; pure and naïve. As if the filth of this gruesome world wasn't able to touch our innocent souls yet completely. Within the darkness of this quirk-based world, Touya and I found each other where we created a little world of our own, laughing and playing together, dreaming together, and finding love together.

I could still vividly remember that very day I first met Touya and Fuyumi; their father, then No.2 pro-hero, Endeavor brought them to our Osaki household for a party which was organized by my parents. Upon my Dad's request, when I walked up to the guests to greet and introduce myself to them, I found myself locking my brownish amber eyes to a pair of bright bluish-turquoise ones of a 12-year-old little boy. As soon as our gazes locked, I suddenly forgot how to breathe. Something strange began to happen to my 4-year-old little heart. It was a very weird feeling, but nonetheless a good one.

When I stepped forward and stood in front of him, I observed his every physical feature with a careful gaze and a single word popped into my mind after a minute of inspection; beautiful.

Touya Todoroki was beautiful.

His soft white hair reminded me of the first snow of winter, his shimmering bluish-turquoise eyes reminded me of the deep mysterious ocean, and despite being a 12-year-old boy, he was somewhat a bit short in height, possessing light-faired skin like his parents.

He was alluring.

But for some reason, his eyes seemed a bit dull to me, as if someone sucked the light out of them. From my parents, I heard about his fire quirk which he inherited from his own father, and out of pure curiosity, I asked him to show me his flames. At first, he was hesitant a bit, but then later gave in to my request. I was left completely speechless when he ignited his palms with his flames.