Chapter 18: Twisted Future

Nana's POV

From today, the first day of Work-Studies had begun. Mirio, Midoriya, Bubble Girl, and I arrived at Nighteye's agency, wearing our hero suits. We were in Nighteye's office room where he was showing us a file with a photo in it.

"Today we will be doing patrols and surveillance..." Nighteye stated. "We'll split up into two groups with me and Bubble Girl, and Mirio, Midoriya, and Osaki."

"Surveillance?" Midoriya muttered.

"Nighteye Agency is currently working on a secret investigation." Bubble Girl stated.

"Shie Hassaikai is a small designated villain group." Nighteye continued, holding a photo in front of us. "Its young head... in other words the number two, Chisaki, has started showing strange actions. His plague mask is his trademark."

The man in the photo, Kai Chisaki, was a pale man of narrow build with short, shaggy auburn hair, parted to the right. His eyes were thin, their irises small and gold, with rather long lower eyelashes and small eyebrows. He had three piercings in his left ear and had his mouth covered by a plague doctor mask.

"That mask is scary!" Midoriya commented. "But designated villain groups are under the surveillance of the police, so they usually seem pretty obedient."

"It's because there was a big breakup once in the past. But this Chisaki guy is starting to gather them again for some reason." Bubble Girl responded.

"Let me guess, the League of Villains are involved with this Chisaki dude now as well, aren't they?" I asked, crossing my arms across my chest.

"That's right." Bubble Girl nodded his head. "Recently he made contact with the League of Villains. The details are unclear though."

"And what I've heard before, he's famously known as Overhaul, right?" I asked.

"Correct." Bubble Girl nodded her head.

"But we haven't been able to get any proof that he is planning anything criminal..." Nighteye added. "Because of that, Hassaikai is a gray close to black and we cannot treat them like villains. What we're after is their tail. Be careful not to let them suspect anything."

"Yes Sir!" we all responded in unison.

We then all came out of the Agency building and got divided into two separate groups just as planned. Mirio, Midoriya, and I slowly walked down the street while looking around to see if anything unusual happened.

"I'm nervous..." Midoriya mumbled.

"You'll be okay, Izuku." I smiled at him, patting his shoulder.

"You two must have at least gone on patrol at your internship, right?" Mirio asked with a bright smile. "Or was the League of Villains attack too traumatic?"

"No, but for various reasons, I wasn't able to experience the basics..." Midoriya admitted.

"I did get to learn a lot of things from Endeavor during my internship though..." I stated.

"Is that so, huh?" Mirio said with a smile. "But don't worry. Sir and Bubble Girl are the ones actually watching the target today. We're just on patrol! I'll teach you both a bunch of stuff. Stick with me!"

I chuckled and nodded my head.

"Okay!" I responded with a smile.

"Now that I think about it, we haven't told each other our hero names, huh?" Mirio asked.

"T-That's right..." Midoriya replied. "I'm Deku!"

"Deku? Deck?" Mirio said in confusion. "Are you okay with that?"