Something new(2)

I held Amanda's hand and we walked away. Much as the party was fun, the fact that there was pain on my body somewhere was still existent, when others went swimming I sat down just watching, I didn't want my make up to wash away and reveal my bruises and patches.  Once in a while, I found my eyes sneaking to look at Hayden, at this moment it wasn't that I admired him, it was pity I'm sure. A few times he was caught looking at me then I shied looking away.
               I left before the party ended, my secretary called me in worry telling me to hurriedly go to the office, this was worrying, I didn't know what to expect or see, I got into the car as soon as my driver arrived.
              "Please be as first as possible." I ordered him.
This was the shortest time I ever spent being driven. I jumped out of the car rushing inside the building, my secretary was worriedly making small paces side to side in front of my office on addition to biting her nails.
               "Jenny ...." I called worriedly.
               "Inside your office." She immediately said, but with worry. I rushed inside the office but froze at the door way. Both Andrew and Leon stood up from their seats looking at me, I looked at them wondering what both of them were doing in my office together. I swear to God I didn't know what to do in that moment or even what to say to them. I could think of something Leon would have wanted to tell me hence coming here but Andrew had no excuse he would give me, even though he had something to tell me, he would call, email , or send his secretary as usual.
              I closed the door behind me gently yet unsure then walked to my seat behind the desk quietly. I sat down then took a deep breath ready to address the matter, Andrew and Leon looked like two teenage boys just waiting for the word 'go' to jump into each other's necks and since it was my office, that made me the principal. My lips pulled up a bit into a tiny smile for the stupid thoughts I was having in such a situation.
               "I found you already seated so don't act like you need my permission to seat again." I quietly said. At once they all sat opposite each other.
               "Does your husband frequently visit like he is showing now?" Leon angrily asked looking at me.
               "And how is that your concern mother fucker?" Andrew more than angry asked.
My eyes almost popped out on hearing Andrew swear. Leon turned towards Andrew and stretched forward angrily looking at him.
               "Well said, I'm her husband, do I need a reason to be here?" Andrew arrogantly yet calmly said.
Then he leaned behind and crossed his legs, his gaze not leaving Leon. Andrew was trying to show Leon that my office was also his 'cause we are married. Hence the comfort.

              "Get OUT." I said at once, the atmosphere in the room was getting tense. They both turned and looked at me, my eyes were on Andrew. I was angry more than anything, confused at why he was like this and why Leon was ready to fight Andrew.
             "You heard me, GET OUT." I loudly said not sounding friendly at all.
My gaze still on Andrew whose face was frowned, his fist folded.
             "You heard her, get-out Mr husband." Leon with a smirk and joy in his voice he said to Andrew.
            "I mean you LEON." I added as Andrew stood up to get out.
             "Val..." Leon called in disbelief.
             "Please get out." I said now looking at him.
Andrew sat back comfortably while Leon walked out my office.
             "What's wrong with you Andrew?" I asked as soon as Leon closed the door behind him.
            "Nothing is wrong with me." He angrily said.
            "Your voice," I said, and Andrew cleared his voice immediately.
            "What's wrong with it?" He asked trying to sound less annoyed.
            "your fist, your face." I mentioned. He unfolded his fist and tried to look happy.
            "Don't even try, it's all evident you're ready to fight Mr Collins." I angrily said.

            "Now he has turned from Leon to Collins. Now that it's only me here." He angrily shouted standing up like as if he wanted to jump on me.
           "He has always been Mr Collins." I said back.
           "The guy you want to fight or hating on for no reason is the same guy you have to convince to sign a business contract with your company." I said. 
            "Are you defending HIM right now?" He shouted while loosening his tie.
            "Defend him basing on what, aren't I speaking facts?" I loudly said really loosing it.
            "Don't pretend that it's my business you're caring about." He shouted.
            "So all this is personal, well then tell me that 'so personal' matter that makes you hate him." I shouted.
           "You're my wife Valerie, isn't that reason enough?" He angrily shouted.
I was silenced at his answer, I don't exactly know why me being his wife is a reason to hate Leon. Andrew looked at me and I looked at him.
           "I know I am your wife, please explain why I am the reason to your hate." I calmly asked. Andrew remained quiet wordless, he didn't have an explanation for that.
           "Then tell me since when did our personal matters stop us from carrying on our businesses." I asked him.
          "That's what you always preached to me." I added.
          "Don't use my own words against me." He angrily said banging the table so hard. I was not shocked at that, he breathed out heavily raising his head looking straight in my eyes.
          "Fuck...." He quietly said then walked away pulling out his tie.
My eyes on him till he banged the door closed behind him. For the record this was the first time ever since I met Andrew for us to just argue or for me to say a word back to him, all the times it was him yelling and me crying, obeying and apologizing.
I was still wondering why Andrew has to hate Leon because of me.....  Wait.. Maybe he knows that Leon likes me and if Leon wins, his public reputation and business deals will be ruined, yeah pretty much, I convinced myself to believe that because there was no other reason for me to hold onto.
My phone buzzed, it was a message from Leon.
        ** am sorry for coming at your office without telling you and I also apologize for how I treated Andrew, but can we meet at 6:30 at Conner foods?****
             "Conner foods." I smiled widely, there was a way this message excited me.
       ***I will be there.*** I texted him back.