19

By lunch time , Paris ,Leon and I had finished arranging all that was required for tomorrow's shoot . we had signed the contract for the commercials to shoot ..
               " don't forget to follow the diet " Paris reminded me as we concluded .
               " I will " I assured . But so happy , my mood so boasted compared to how I was when I had just arrived all thanks to Leon who has kept us laughing all way through.
               " Val , we can diet together " Leon offered .
               " Thank you but am good " I said
               " but you can eat all the good things for me " I said smiling
              " I will do that " he smiled
              " not to much though , we need you in shape " Paris said .
We moved slowly to the parking lot ,Leon opening the door for me , my driver was there ready with Jenny , I could want to go to Hayden's but Andrew wouldn't like it .
              " i remember the tough Leon who didn't fear Andrew , what happened to him " I asked
              " we came to a man to man agreement " Leon laughed .
              " which was " I asked
              " Andrew agreed to me being by your side , well he didn't have an option , if he openly didn't want me around with you then I would do it my way " he smiled.
               " his reputation matters , he wants us close where he can watch us" I smiled .
               " hmmmmm, no , not thus time round" Leon said thoughtfully
               " the feelings he hasn't fully discovered in himself "he added
               " which are " I asked
               " I don't want you to know , cause I haven't seen them in you yet " Leon added
               " Leon, don't play to smart with me " I warned . Leon remained quiet looking at me with a lovely smile.

              I looked at him wondering what he might be thinking about for God's sake .
              " what " I asked
              "It's just that am happy is shinning with joy at the moment" he said .
Leon with always looking for opportunities to make his point , though I won't lie I am happy , joyful at least for a moment not so worried about a thing .
              " see you at lunch " I said entering the car .
              " okay love " Leon said making steps away from my car. 
              " let's go " I ordered .
My whole journey to lunch was full of anticipation to see Hayden , somehow someway I really wanted to see him , I could not help myself from smiling
              " you seam happy Mrs Smith " Jenny commented
              " I am " I said smiling.
As soon as the car parked , I rushed out looks like I and Leon were the only ones who hadn't arrived I could tell by the cars already parked .
              " Valerie " I was called by Ammon. I quietly stopped then turned looking at him , according to his dressing and wetness he seamed like he was from the pool
              " hey " he said reaching close to me
              " hello " I said not so happy with him.
              " I know you have to catch up with the lunch date but can we talk " he said , I  pretty sure of everything that he was going to say before he even did
              " I know you care about Amanda but so do I , you would not want to see her hurt and I am not planning to hurt her " I said
              " Valerie you have a husband , a whole different life than of Amanda" he reminded me
              " and Amanda understands that more than you even think " I said
              " Amanda is my best friend, we might mess around but our foundation is quite strong to be shaken " I said . He was silent now, more than anything Amanda is a grown ass woman ,so much stronger than Ammon if am to compare .
              " Valerie!!!! " she called again just as I was about to open the door to get inside the house.
              " Ammon" I called glancing at him
              " am sorry " he said
              " no need , I totally get " I said then went off before our conversation or the apology was elongated .
No sooner had I joined others at the dinning table , when Leon also arrived , my seat next Andrew was reserved it's what I sat in trying to make myself comfortable. I was into Hayden and Leon , though Hayden was in the kitchen helping his wife with the lunch .
              " Good afternoon " I greeted her as she looked at me with a smile
              " now we are being formal Valerie because our husbands are around " she teased with a smile.
              " that hurt " Hayden commented coming out of the kitchen with a whole large grilled chicken.
              " they are just facts " Mrs William giggled . Leon , Andrew and I looked at them as they argued between themselves . Leon and I couldn't help smile at this though Andrew still wore the cold look .

                " back me up Valerie " She said including me in the conversation.
                " your ....."
                " betray me Valerie by taking my wife's side " Hayden interrupted immediately .
                " I agree with your wife Hayden " Andrew surprised us all by speaking , his eyes were on me as he said .
My heart froze a bit for the cold gaze in his eyes , I looked away discovering everyone was looking at us .
Mrs William laughed breaking the short and intense moment . It seamed like Andrew was speaking basing on something connected to me .
             " it's only Hayden that does not know that " I said smiling
             " okay , so am being ganged upon , Leon take my side " Hayden said .
            " I am obviously with you Hayden " Leon said  and the both fist bumped laughing .
            " why are you on his side Leon" Mrs William asked Leon .
            " any married couple should be friends in fact best friends meaning they are free with each other than with any one unless " Leon said leaving his statement in the way .
            " unless there is something missing , " Andrew completed .
            " But what could be missing , love " Hayden said sitting. This seamed like a friendly conversation but more like a therapy session for married couples. Mrs William gently moved close to Hayden softly holding him around the shoulders , she bent down and kissed him softly on the cheek .
             " the love might be there yet time and attention are missing " she gracefully said . Hayden smiled a bit .
            " we still shan't say love missing is invalid " Andrew added .
             " they are all valid , more importantly communication " I said  referring to my marriage.
Maybe time, attention ,care and love are missing but wants worse in ours is that there is no communication . For all the time we have been married maybe , maybe and maybe if communication was there we would at least be friends by now , not as strangers as we are now.
               " please eat , the food is getting cold " Mrs William said
               " do you mind joining us " i asked Mrs William .
               " yes , please " Hayden added
Honestly speaking I feared Mrs William , even envied her at some time ,to have such a handsome husband and angry at her for not being able to value such a guy . much as I had met her a couple times she was never this friendly. I wanted her to join us as we eat just to observe how Hayden acts with her around .

             " Valerie, you being more and more involved in my family " Mrs William said .
             "  you are a best friend to my daughter, now you working with my husband ,even more happy to welcome you to my family " she added
             " thank you " I said .
             " where have you ever gone and people don't like you Val" Leon teased
              " tell me about it " Hayden added
              " thank you so much for your kindness the both of you " I said .
              " I only used to see the both of you on TV , I have met Valerie a couple times but it was always a dream to see the both of you in person " Mrs William said referring to me and Andrew.
             " your really a lovely couple " she added .