62

********************************
           Since Andrew and his friend had completely nothing to do at home and more than anyone Andrew knew he had nothing wrong with his health much as they all used it as an advantage to make him rest, he also knew he needed it that's why he went along.  Marco suggested that they would go out for a drive to relax their minds. Marco was driving as Andrew looked aside breathing in the best of the nice fresh air. His side window down, glasses on, his chair pushed backwards a bit for him to lean properly. 
             "When will you accept that you like Stephanie?" Andrew asked out of the blue.
             "What time is your meeting starting ?" Marco asked.
Andrew giggled looking at his watch.
4:55pm it read.
             "10 pm" He said.
             "But don't change the topic,  you're going to lose her to another dickhead." Andrew added.
Marco quietly bitting his lip and hardening  his jaws.
             "I know." Marco said.
             "What do you know?" Andrew asked.
             "That I like her." Marco confessed.
             "Then what's stopping you?" Andrew asked. 
             "She may reject me man." Marco said. Andrew loudly giggled in disbelief.
             "Since when did you start fearing rejection?" Andrew asked.
             "I guess since I started liking her, it's so hard to make that big step from being best friends to lovers, if anything goes wrong then we all are doomed." Marco said.
             "Let's say we date and break up whom will you choose, me or Stephanie?" Marco added.
Andrew looked at Marco, he hears the sense and knows where the fear comes from.
             "So you're not going to try it out because of the fear you're having, because you don't know what's waiting on the other side?" Andrew asked.
              "Pretty much, yes." He said.
              "Then why don't you just die?" Andrew said.
              "Fuck you Andrew." Marco said.
              "No, fuck you." Andrew said then turned looking at him.
              "Isn't it the life we are living,  not knowing what's going to happen the next minute but we still live it with an open mind and risk all we have?" Andrew said.
              "What if it works out between you,  what if you don't break up, what if you don't get rejected. And either way, even if it doesn't work out, you will live with the great moments of it didn't work out but it was beautiful." Andrew added.
Marco laughed a bit, he then breathed out heavily, he knows his friend is right, more than right even.
             "Okay I am going to ask her out." He sighed saying with a smile.
             "Now that's the Marco I know." Andrew smiled hitting him on the shoulder firmly.
They continued to drive as they talked, until they reached Valerie's company.
The fashion week  had started, news reporters, a couple of designers, models and many more rich people interested in investing, family friends, friends and well wishers were all over the place. Immediately Andrew and Marco got out of the car, Andrew's eyes landed on Leon who had just arrived as well, yet the three of them had grabbed all the rests' attention.  It was the first time Andrew was being captured with a friend more so very unusually not uptight.
          "Leon"
          "Andrew" They called each other at once,  Marco looked at them confused at the weird energy they were generating.
          "Shall we?" Marco asked the both of them. He didn't wait for their reply leading the way entering, the both of them on the same pace they walked in following Marco.
          "Mr Smith, Mr Collins" Jenny,Valerie's secretary welcomed them.
          "This way." She said.
She led the way taking them to where they were supposed to be seated, models were already on the runway showing off her designs.
Their seats were reserved at the some table  as those of Amanda, Stephanie and Ammon.
          "You're late." Stephanie said to them as soon as they sat down.
         "We are here now." Marco said.
         "Didn't know you were into fashion Ammon." Leon said.
Ammon smiled looking at Amanda.
         "I was actually dragged here." He smiled.
         "How did the both of you know each other?" Amanda asked.
         "We met the last time you all had dinner at home." Ammon said.
Amanda smiled widely looking at Stephanie who was already smiling at her, they ended up giggling. The guys looked at them confused .
          "I expected people to be many." Marco said.
          "The first day is normally like this, the big numbers normally come in from the second day to the last." Stephanie said.
           "Your wife is so brilliant." Ammon said. 
Andrew widely smiled.
           "She surpries me all the time." Andrew said. They all laughed at his statement.
Valerie was up and down but at the same time pleased at how everything was going, she stood behind the curtains looking through to the runway and to the audience.  Her hands in her pockets, a smile popped on her face when her eyes landed on the table where the faces she knew well sat.
          "Valerie" Paris called approaching her.
          "We are organising the top models but your sister." Paris said.
Valerie kept quiet removing one of her hands from her pocket together with the necklace that belonged to Victoria.
           "It's okay, just proceed." She said then walked way back to her office.
Victoria was inside resting a bit, the table besides her had a glass of water and some pills laid on.  Valerie sat across looking at her sister, Victoria opened her eyes looking at Valerie with a smile.
           "How are you feeling?" Valerie asked.
           "Better" She smiled.
Valerie smiled then stood up, she reached close to her raising her legs then sitting and resting them in her laps.
           "This vomiting thing happens when am so anxious." Victoria said.
           "I'm glad you're feeling better then." Valerie said.
           "What do you want to do?" Valerie asked.
           "Laying here and be treated like a baby by you." She smiled, Valerie laughed a bit.
           "You know what I mean, come on." Valerie smiled.
           "I really want to be a chef, have my own place where I cook and people can come and eat" She said.
          "Then I'm supporting you with that." Valerie said with a smile.
          "Dad and mom are not paying for that." Victoria said.
           "I know, but I am" Valerie said.
           "And if you want, if you want you can come live with me and Andrew and a couple of nice people." Valerie said.
          "From today onwards I want you to live as you want, not how they want you to live." Valerie smiled.
Victoria loudly shouted then stood up embracing Valerie tightly. She was filled with joy, maybe now she doesn't have to act so grown but act like a kid, it's also her time for the inner child to heal, to make mistakes, learn from them, walk in her own footsteps not in Valerie's.
           "Thank you." She said almost sobbing.
           "I love you." Valerie said.
           "I love you more." Victoria said.
           "But please do me one thing today." Valerie said.
           "What?" Victoria sat asking.
Valerie handed her back the necklace, Victoria smiled at her.
           "To leaving pain, fears and bad history behind and starting a new life for the both of us." They both said holding hands and the necklace.
Valerie put back the necklace around her neck
            "One more thing." Valerie said.
            "Which is?" She asked.
Valerie widely smiled holding her hand then stood up taking her along.
The good thing about sister bonds is that no matter how complicated things get, as soon  as the conflicts are solved, they pick up from where they stopped, Valerie led the way to the dressing room, all the models and designers were shocked to see the both of them back together even way closer than when they left.
             "Okay this is new." Paris said as they approached her.
             "Prepare." Valerie smiled, holding her sister's hand even way tighter.
             "I am sorry." Victoria said.
             "What?" Paris asked again.
             "I am sorry for how stupid I acted earlier." Victoria said.
Paris smiled at her then at Valerie,
              "It's okay." Paris smiled.
              "She truly is your sister, I'm starting to have a weak spot for her as well." Paris said then walked away.
Everything about this fashion week was so beautiful and unique,  they all couldn't stop glaring and praising,  surprisingly Andtew and Leon had kind of bonded even mumbling to each other and smiling a bit  to each other. 
Suddenly the lights went out, silence filled the whole place, all eyes on the runway, the lights went on yet only centered to the runway and there appeared Valerie holding hands with her sister. 
From the hair styles, make up and how beautifully they were dressed, everything about them was breath taking.
They modestly walked up front to the runway.
            "Who is she?" Ammon asked.
His eyes on Victoria who was smiling so lovelily, she looked like a goddess.
They all looked at him,  Leon and Andrew got there drinks sipping.
           "Victoria." Andrew and Leon said at the same time.
They then looked at each other with smiles.
           "They seem really close, that's new." Amanda said.
           "How come I have never seen her before?" Ammon said,  he was full of admiration.
Valerie was given flowers, the main investor and designer El stood up with a beautiful banquet of flowers gently walking up to them, the crowd was filled with hands of applause.
Mr. El handed the banquet to Valerie then tightly embraced her.
           "This day has been beautiful, I can't wait to see more in the remaining days."
           "The pleasure is mine, thank you for appreciating my work." Valerie smiled.
           "Who is this beauty?" Mr. El asked, his eyes on Victoria.
           "My young sister." Valerie said.
           "Victoria,  its a pleasure meeting you." She smiled.
As she brought her hand forward to shake his hand, he instead moved forward embracing her.
           "You always know how to conclude events, save the best for the last." Mr El said.
           "Since you declined my offer, why don't you give me Victoria?" He added.
           "I'm afraid I can't,  I am a chef not a model. Not anymore." She smiled.
           "Still works for me, I have a project of fashion on the plate,  I'm sure we can still work together and more so I would like to taste your food." Mr. El said happily. Victoria and Valerie got really excited about this. 
           "Thank you for that opportunity." Victoria said. 
            "Thank you so much." Valerie added.
They embraced then he gently walked back to his seat, Valerie was handed the microphone , she thanked all the guests that had come,  the crew that she worked with, the models, all those that supported her, she thanked Mr. El again then welcomed everyone who had come today to come back again tomorrow.
She declared that from tomorrow the doors will be open to even bigger numbers. Lastly she announced that there would be an after party.
The audience clapped cheerfully. They both walked back the dressing room. Valerie was really pleased with her models and designers but more so Paris.
            "Don't celebrate just yet, it's only the first day." Paris said.
            "Yes ma'am." Valerie smiled.
Her and Victoria went back to her office after they were done with changing. There was a door knock.
             "Come in." Valerie said.
The door was opened, Rose and her daughters came through.
            "Rose." Valerie was so happy to see her, she stood up hugging all of them.
            "Where is August?" Valerie asked.
            "He is eating and drinking." June said.
            "Oh yes, this is my young sister Victoria." Valerie said.
            "Vickie, this is my family, Rose, May, June and August who is not here." Valerie said.
They all greeted each other warmly.
           "Does that make us family,  I mean with me inclusive?" Victoria asked.
           "Of course." They all ended up saying at once.
           "Thank you for coming." Valerie said.
           "We had to come." May said.
           "And thank you for giving us a chance 'cause Paris just told us that we are going to be part of the hair stylists tomorrow." June happily said..
            "Of course." Valerie said.
            "Good night for now, we have a lot to prepare and we know the both of you must be tired." Rose said.
            "Can my hair be done?" Victoria asked.
            "I will do it for you." June said.
            "Thank you." Victoria smiled.
            "Good night " They all said.
Much as the show had ended, they all remained at their table talking, Jenny did a really good job of serving them drinks and eatables.
As Valerie and Victoria approached them, Victoria's phone rang.
            "Mom" Victoria answered.
            "What time should I send the car to pick you?" The mother asked.
            "There is no need." Victoria said.
Victoria held the phone away from the ear and put it on speaker.
           "She is going to stay with me for a while now." Valerie said.
           "For a while?" the mom said
           "Yes, bye " Victoria said then immediately hanged up.
They continued there way to join the others, Ammon's eyes began shinning,  he widely smiled then cleared his throat as they reached the table.
           "Girl..." Amanda and Stephanie shouted then tightly embraced her.
           "I know,  am so happy and excited as well." Valerie laughed.
           "Everything was stunning." Marco said hugging her,
           "I am proud of you." Leon said hugging her too. 
           "Me, I have just fallen in love." Ammon said. Every one laughed because it was clear he had fallen for Victoria.
           "You did a great job love." Andrew tightly held her, then gently kissed her on the cheek.
            "You guys thank you but I don't think you have all formally met my baby sis Vickie." Valerie said.
            "You're so beautiful." Ammon said, making everyone laugh.
They all welcomed her beautifully as they cracked jokes, Victoria has always been loud and outstanding, it doesn't take ages for her to fit in or make others love her, there is just something that makes all of them bonded.  They were all laughing like there was never pain but what's better than leaving pain behind then move on with life. To just live in the moment, pain and bad histories never disappear, they leave traces and legacies in our lives but it's not what we are supposed to put first,  it's what we use as fuel to be stronger, to remind us to be better persons and like that, beautiful moments start to fill up the empty places that were recently occupied by pain.
"It's getting late,  we have a meeting." Andrew said.
          "We can all have some quality time maybe party till we drop on the last day, what do you all say?" Valerie said.
          "Can't agree more." Leon said. He lifted up his glass putting it forward for a toast, they all carried their glasses putting them forward.
          "To new beautiful beginnings." Victoria said.
          "To risking it and not regretting later." Marco said.
           "To new friendships." Leon said looking at Andrew, they both smiled.
           "To opening our hearts for the ones we love." Ammon said.
            "To new better versions of our selves." Andrew said.
           "Yes" They all agreed and made a toast drinking it up.
           "Are you going home Stephanie and Marco?" Valerie asked.
            "Yes ..."
            "No, me and Stephanie have a place else where to go first." Marco interrupted.
            "We do?" Stephanie asked.
            "Yes." He replied.
Valerie and Amanda cleared their throats as they struggled not to smile, Stephanie giggled at their reactions.
            "Leon." Valerie called.
            "ahhhhh" he said still thinking.
He looked at Ammon then turned looking at Valerie.
            "Sorry Val, Amanda had to show me something." Leon said.
            "Yes, yes" Amanda wasn't sure but just agreed along.
            "Ammon can take Victoria home." Andrew said with a smile, they all smiled a long, especially Ammon who knew what they were doing, trying to set him up.
           "At your service my Queen." He said immediately standing up.
This made everyone die of laughter.
           "Good night" Victoria said standing.
           "Good night, we love you." Amanda said loudly.
Ammon and Victoria walked away jazzing, Ammon saying things that made her laugh. All there eyes were on them till they disappeared.
           "I see us becoming in laws." Amanda said
They all laughed,  Andrew stood up offering a hand for Valerie to stand up as well, 
            "Good night" They both said.
            "Good night" They also replied.
The table was now left for the four, 
            "See you later." Marco smiled at them.
             "Yeah " Leon and Amanda replied.
             "Call me " Amanda said to Stephanie. They giggled hardly till they were also gone leaving them both.
             "I see what you just did there." Amanda said.
             "Do you not like it?" Leon asked.
             "I like it as long as we spend the night together because Ammon and I had plans to occupy us in the night." Amanda said.
Leon smiled widely, looking at her.
            "Okay, what should we start with?" Leon asked
            "Before we get there answer my question." Amanda said.
            "Fire away." Leon said.
            "Do you still have feelings for Val?" She asked.
            "No, not anymore." Leon bluntly replied without hesitation.
            "That works for me." Amanda said with a smile.
            "There is something about you." Leon said.
             "What exactly?" Amanda asked.
             "I don't know yet but I know it keeps on pulling me towards you." Leon said.
Amanda smiled,  Leon stood up from his seat.
             "Shall we?" he asked.
Amanda stood up and slowly they walked till outside the company. Leon's car was brought and the key was handed to him.
             "What do you want to do first?" Amanda asked.
             "Kiss you" Leon said. She turned looking at him with a lovely smile.
             "Then what is stopping you?" She asked.
Leon didn't hesitate but to move to her,  he firmly held her around the waist then pulling her close to him, actually extremely close to him, she held him around the neck, his other hand around her neck then joined his lips on hers. At first it was gentle but then the rhythm changed being more passionate and lustful.