CHAP.26

CHAP.26

———»•«———

“You are so beautiful. My! My, you really are beautiful. My son is so lucky with you. My grandchildren will look so perfect!” that made Lisa choke on her food as she coughed nonstop. Mrs. Jeon and Jungkook looked at her in horror and worried as they assissted her.

Jungkook gave water to her as he patted her back while Mrs. Jeon also patted her worriedly.

“Are you alright, Lisa yah?” his mom asked worriedly.

“Mom! Why would you say such a thing to her!” Jungkook told his mother.

“What? It's true anyway! You will—”

“Mom!” Jungkook said then his mom just chuckled lightly while Lisa blushed so hard, “Are you alright now, Lily?” he asked softly then she nodded although still coughing. Jungkook sighed and glared at his mom who only gave him a peace sign.

Flashback ends

Lisa sighed deeply reminiscing every memories she made with him and his mom ever since then.

Her former mother-in-law had shown her nothing but kindness, she has always been loving towards Lisa, treating her as her own daughter when Lisa needed her parents.

Mrs. Jeon became Lisa's parent and loved her. When Lisa's dad threatened her with Mrs. Jeon and Jungkook, her heart shattered. Thinking that she might be the reason for their sadness breaks her heart.

When she divorced Jungkook, she could not say goodbye to Mrs. Jeon because she was ashamed of her cowardness. Afraid that she might be angry after breaking her son's heart, after everything they have done to her, she broke them, not only him.

Lisa sobbed as she sat on the chair in the garden.

Unbeknownst to her, Jungkook was actually looking at her from the terrace. He watched as she sobbed and cried after hearing about his mother. His heart clenched at the sight.

“Why are you like this, Lisa?” he muttered as he warched her mourn.

He thought to himself, if falling out of love was the reason why she left, why is she so affected about his mom? Is it because they grew close together? Or is it because after all this time, she cared for them?

“What are you hiding, Lisa? What is the reason why you divorced me 2 years ago?” Jungkook said as he looked at her from above. His mom gave him advice the last time before she died.

“My son…” she called him. Jungkook cried as his mom caressed his cheeks, “Don't cry. I don't like seeing you crying like this.”

“Mother, please don't leave me like this. Please,” he pleaded but his mother only smiled and shook her head.

“Leaving isn't as bad as you think, son. Sometimes, it becomes a way for you to start again.” His mom said and teared up while he sobbed while crying.