CHAP.41

CHAP.41

———»•«———

Lisa had already expected for Jungkook to be present on the engagement party since she is already aware of his rise. But she never expected of him to appear with a girl onto his arm. Not Lee Jieun.

Lisa felt like crying in front of the seemingly couple. Yes, she is seated with Jungkook and Jieun in front of her and Eunwoo.

“You are the new CEO of the Jake Corporation, correct?” Mrs. Cha asked the man in front of her who only gave a curt smile and nod.

“This lady must be your girlfriend?” Mrs. Bruschweiler asked as she looked at the two. The woman might have forgot about Jungkook since it was such a long time that the two talked. Besides, they only met once and never met again.

Meanwhile, Mr. Bruschweiler observed Jungkook. He, unlike his wife, familiarized the young man.

“Yes.” That made her hopes shatter into pieces. Even her friends who sat just beside her was also shocked. Even Jieun herself but smiled afterwards.

Lisa clenched her fist and bit her tongue to suppress her tears. Eunwoo looked at Lisa after hearing this, he knew their relationship after all. Eunwoo lowered his head and leaned on her ear.

“Are you alright, Li?” Eunwoo asked as she looked at her worriedly. Lisa wasn’t really startled by this since Eunwoo always showed his concern openly.

This short interactions never went unnoticed by Jungkook’s hawk-like eyes. He clenched his jaw and fists into a tight ball-like.

Jieun then placed her slender soft hands on top of his trembling hand that earned his attention. He looked at her blankly before turning to look at Lisa only to see her looking them both.

Lisa quickly looked away and looked in front to listen to the emcee.

After the announcement of Eunwoo and Lisa’s engagement that shocked everyone, she excused herself and went to the bathroom.

Lisa washed her mouth on the sink and looked at herself on the mirror and retouches for a while before going out. She walked until she and Jieun faced each other.

Lisa was about to walk past her but Jieun grabbed her arm and blocked her way with a smug look on her face.

“How are you, Lisa?” she asked in an irritating high-pitched nasal-y voice. Lisa rolled her eyes and was about to wriggle when Jieun pushed her and forced her to face her.

“I don’t want to start a scene, Jieun. So stop.” Lisa glared at the girl and was about to walk away but Jieun yet again pushed her.

“He’s mine now. Aren’t you happy for us?” Jieun smiled tauntingly before continuing, “Actually, his confession was surprising. We never really talked about revealing our relationship yet.” Lisa’s fist balled on her sides exposing her anger but she masked it with a smile.

“Then, congrats? Should we celebrate it?” Lisa asked sarcastically that triggered the girl in front of her.

Jieun was about to pull her hair when she tripped because of her high heels. Just then, Jungkook came running and quickly helped her.

Jungkook and Eunwoo sat opposite to each other. Jungkook observed Eunwoo and Eunwoo did the same.

‘What did Li saw in this man? He is a total scumbag! How can he replace a lady like Lisa in a span of one month?!’ Eunwoo asked as he looked at Jungkook. ‘Other than his face, I don’t see any characteristics of him that suits Li.’ He felt sympathatetic to Jungkook rather than Lisa. It was his great loss to lose such woman in his life.