CHAP.40

CHAP.40

———»•«———

"Don't worry, aunty. We weren't harmed-"

"Of course you weren't! Your mother will curse me if something ever happens to you!" Rosé flinched as Layla glared at her angrily, "She will probably resent me after this!"

"She won't aunty." Rosé tried to say but the woman only glared at her.

"Come on, mom. You're too hot blooded-"

"Whatever! Fix yourselves! I'm out!" Layla said before going upstairs leaving the two. The two broke into giggles after that.

Lisa and Rosé stayed at the living room while muching some potato chips and drinking some sodas. The two were watching the new movie called "It". The ladies had the guts to warch a horror movie in the afternoon that earned a weird look from Mrs. Layla.

"Mom! Are you alright now?" Lisa teased that earned a laugh from Rosé. Layla could shake her head and sigh at the two. They are now 23 and will turn 24 yet they are still as childish as they used to be.

Just then, the doorbell rang. Layla motioned her maid Sally to open the door for the said person.

Jennie then entered the mansion and bowed at Layla and smiled.

"Good afternoon, aunty." Jennie said cheekily. She may be angry of what Lisa's parents did to her but Layla and Marco have been friendly and kind towards her ever since they met the gal so she still respects the Bruschweiler couple.

"Oh! How are you? Are you alright now?" Layla asked Jennie who only smiled and shook her head before hearing a snort coming from Lisa.

"Aunty~ I thought I'm your favorite daughter!" Rosé whined childishly that earned an eye roll from Layla while small giggle from Jennie.

"You had the guts to be called my daughter after you gave me headache earlier? Unbelievable." Layla said dramatically.

"Wait! I am still your biological daughter, mom!" Lisa also complained.

"Shut up! I like Jennie more than the two of you! And also Jisoo! She's more mature than the both of you!" Layla ranted that earned a pout from both the ladies sitting on the sofa, "Now entertain Jennie." Layla smiled at the said latter.

"Tss. I got to call dad and tell him that mom is suffering from a bipolar disor-" before she could even finish, a pillow was suddenly thrown right on her face.

"You punk had the guts to disrespect me and call me a bipolar huh?!" Layla shouted that earned a laugh from the three. Jennie felt at ease and laughed along with them.

After a while, Jennie, Rosé and Lisa was mumching their crunchy potato chips while watching their second movie. Yep, still horror movie.

"So how are you guys doing?" Jennie started as she looked at the two.

"Hmm. Good, I guess?" Lisa asked as she took a fistful of chips and munched it.