CHAP.42

CHAP.42

———»•«———

Jungkook is currently driving Jieun home. Days passed after the engagement party and their relationship went stable.

Jieun was so happy when Jungkook finally accepted her as his girlfriend and he even favored her in front of Lisa. That was the best night for her, the night where everything went according to her plans. Jungkook is finally hers.

Jieun smiled as she looked at Jungkook beside her and placed her hand on top of his hand that was graspibg the handbreak. Jungkook looked at her and then turned to his hand clasped with Jieun’s. He felt somewhat uncomfortable just by looking at this.

It felt so weird to feel another woman’s hand. He was used to feeling Lisa’s soft hand everytime he intertwines both their hands but now, it was not hers but Jieun’s.

Jungkook then refocused himself as the traffic light turned green. Despite his uneasiness, he let her be.

Jungkook and Jieun stopped at the building she’s currently staying in. They both went inside and he accimpanied Jieun towards her own apartment quietly.

They stopped in front of the door and Jieun happily faced him.

“Thank you, Kookie.” Jieun said that made him nod. Jieun then suddenly cupped his cheeks that caught him off guard. She proceeded by leaning closely and captured his lips which made him stunned.

Jieun deepened the kiss by pulling him closer and she nibbled his lower lips. Jungkook was awakened when Jieun slid her tongue inside his frozen mouth without warning. He quickly pushed her away and looked at her intently. Jieun also frowned and looked at him confused.

“What’s wrong?” Jieun asked as she looked at him but he just looked at her deeply.

“I have to go.” Was all he said before leaving her dumbfounded. She looked at him as he walked away with his hands inside his pockets.

Jungkook went inside his car and looked at himself in front of his rear mirror. He reminisced the kiss that Jieun initiated just a moment ago.

Lisa’s face flashed right before his eyes. Her pained and sad expressioned hunted him so much. He felt guilty and blamed himself for a being a jerk. He hurted her. But she also did.

He is trying to move on but he couldn’t. After a while, he drove away and went straight to his apartment.

Eunwoo stared at the building in front of him with big bold letters attached to it—Jake Corp.

He wanted to help Lisa. He saw how she suffered and how she’s hurting right now because of the marriage. He wanted to end all her sufferings and see her bright smile for the second time.

Eunwoo took a deep breath before going out of his car. He took off his sunglass and walked inside to talk to the receptionist.

“Good morning, sir. How may I help you?” the receptionist greeted and asked with a smile on her face.

“Can I talk to Mr. Jungkook Jeon?” Eunwoo asked directly.