CHAP.44

CHAP.44

---»•«---

He also looked at her intently. The two stared at each other, unmoving and stiff.

Their hair swayed as the wind blew. Their world stopped, time froze as they both got lost in each other's gazes.

Funny how destiny played with Lisa. She is already prepared to forget and set him free but here he is, appearing right before her.

"Jung... kook," Lisa uttered. Her mouth isn't frozen after all!

She swallowed her cries and looked at him. She wanted to cry and embrace him but she knew better. It's not the same as before anymore. They changed.

"H-How are y-you?" Lisa stuttered as she asked him. Her heart thumped loudly as he smiled at her and spoke.

"I'm fine." Jungkook answered as he continued to stare at her deeply. Lisa only gave him a small smile before they both fell into silence.

He wanted to hug her but he's afraid. He's afraid to face her again after everything that happened. He could only look at her and watch as she gazed at him.

A tear fell from her doe eyes as she looked at him.

'I missed you.' She wanted to say but is afraid to be hurt. She doesn't even know if the guy in front of her is still reserved for her or not. It will hurt her if he is already with someone else but she'll try to move on.

"I-I should go now." Lisa said as she quickly wiped her tears and smiled at him. It seemed like the time got slower as she walked passed him.

When she was several feet away from him, he spoke.

"Won't you hug me?" he asked that made her halt. Jungkook turned around and faced her back as he smiled. He placed his hands inside his pocket and spoke again, as if clarifying it.

"Won't you run and hug me? You always do that. You welcome me with your hugs and kisses." He said recalling the times when Lisa would always run to him and jump as she hugged him tightly. She will always pout saying she missed him so much after such a long day of working.

Lisa's tears fell again after remembering this but she still did not dare to face him.

"I missed you. Don't you miss your bunny?" he asked that made Lisa sob. She covered her mouth and sobbed silently as she stood there.

"I'm sorry for leaving just like that. After knowing the truth from Eunwoo and your father, I became coward. I felt so useless. I never knew that you suffered so much. I blamed you not knowing everything you've been through." He cried as he spoke behind her, "I wanted to run to you again but..." he choked on his own words as he swallowed his sob.

"...but when I saw you back in the hospital..."

Jungkook went to the hospital where Lisa was confined the day after her father went to his apartment. He wanted to see her.

Jungkook opened the door quietly as he went inside the room where she is. Luckily, no one was there. They all went to eat together. And Lisa is currently asleep.