An abnormal Lunch

The next day when I went to my office , everyone showered their greetings and blessings. I was really tired and fed up with yesterday's awkwardness and today do they really have to remind me all of that!!!

The most interesting part was Sheetal  jumping, screaming all along the corridors and floors playing my proposal news all over the office. Gosh... it was too much and that Sheetal ki bacchi.... I will deal with her later.

I had no important things to do there but just checking the status of the projects held last month. It was quite a progress. Sheetal came up with the bunch of folders to get me signed. I took my pen and started scribbling my autograph wherever required. As I was doing so, I received a call from an unknown number.

I knitted my brows taking my phone in hand checking the number. It was not familiar at all. Shrugging I answered,

"Hello !!"

"uhh...Hello " the voice seemed familiar yet strange.

"uhh..Yes " I tried to know.

"Nithya,it's me Atharv " that's it,I automatically stood up

"hi Atharv,how are you??"

How are you?? Seriously,just yesterday you saw him and very wonderfully you spoke to him and now how are you....thank God you didn't say who are you!!!

My inner voice blabbered.

"I am fine, "came his voice awkwardly. I madly cursed myself " Nithya...I thought....I actually" he started

"Yes Atharv "I encouraged him.

"we didn't get to talk to each other properly yesterday,So I thought if you could join me for lunch,it would help us to know each other"he said all in one go as if he was holding his breath.

My eyes widened,I didn't expect that.

lunch!!! Should I join him??

Or should I say no!!!

how will he react if I say no......if I said yes will I be able to manage that awkwardness!!!

I was busy figuring out when his voice brought me out of my trance.

"It's okay...Nithya....if you....if you cannot"

"No that's fine by me, I will come" I cut him off. I wondered how did I say yes .

"Okay then,I will come pick you up....see ya!!" saying he hung the call up.

"sure" he didn't even listen to me may be he was super excited.

I threw my phone on the table and started rubbing my forehead.

"What's bothering my Boss huh??" Sheetal entered in. Thank god if she was there when I was answering the phone,she would have embarrassed me till the end of my life.

"uhmm.... nothing" saying I settled in my place.

"Oh really" she folded her arms "your face tells me so cut and clear ,you have been sweating and you say nothing....come on Nithya...spill the beans" She said settling in the opposite seat.

I looked at her......may be I should tell her....I may feel better and she may give me the tips on how to deal with all these.

"Okay...then listen" I explained her the story of Atharv from my side. She listened attentively to each of my word humming and nodding her head.

"Now tell me....How should I deal with this awkwardness...and I really don't feel like Atharv is the right person to me" I said honestly.

"Hmm....I get it,but you just can't decide and conclude by just meeting him once, awkwardness and shy these are totally common at first meetings....I think you should talk to him more and often,then you might know is he really correct or not....just go out with him today." she gave her opinion.