The reunion

Nithya

After travelling for one hour we reached the familiar road and from afar I can see a huge gate. As we went towards it the doors opened and my heart beat started to rise...

My home...my family...am I ready to face them...my mom...how will she react when she sees me... I don't even remember the moments I spent with her or neither with any of the family members except for the days I spent here after eight years living here like a stranger in my own house......and SHIV...how will he receive me..will he excuse me?? If he didn't then what I have to do?? My real dad and uncle both are after the documents....how will it be solved..........

The car went straight to the entrance of the mansion where there are everyone present. Neeraj stopped the car and got down. One of the men came and took the keys. I too got down and the car went to the parking. I slowly moved looking at all the familiar pair of eyes.....

After encountering them I couldn't find enough courage to move forward... I stopped there and stood motionless....there was  Mom, Papaji (Jaidev) , Neelu, Maalini.......and also my fake mom aka aunt sunanda I mean Jeevika Pandey and my didi.......Kriti Pandey too. But my eyes were searching for someone who was not there.....

Neeraj took my hand and moved forward making me to walk towards them. He stopped before mom and let go of my hand...

"Maa....Our Nithya is finally HOME" he said in a very low tone. My mom blinked her eyes avoiding her tears. She lifted her hand and placed it on my head. The other hand she placed it on my cheek...

"Nnn..Nithya......meri bacchi" she pulled me into a hug. Wrapping her hands around me and she started weeping..." Meri bacchi.......kitni badi hogayi..." ( My dear daughter......she has grown up!!!!!)

"Maa...come on...its been eight years......she had to grow up na" Neeraj said placing his hands on Mom's shoulders and hugging both of us.....

"Ha....." She removed her hands and placed them on my arms. She then pulled me and kissed my forehead........" What took you so long?? I was waiting for you for ages I should say" she gave a small smile.

I too smiled at her..."no matter how much time it may take.... I had to come here......" I said looking into her eyes...

She nodded her wiping her tears and turned around, "Shivaay??" She called.

My breath struck and I looked at the direction she was watching...he slowly started walking towards the entrance.. towards me........she let out her hand...and he inturn took it into his as she pulled him towards my side and he landed beside me....she hugged us both...." Thank you for bringing my daughter back to me...beta....bless you" she caressed his head from behind.

She released as she put my hand into his'. His touch was warm as always and familiar.....

God... I missed him!!

He stiffened when my hand touched his' yet he didn't even look at me once. When I looked sideways he fixed his gaze onto mom....

"Mom...its unfair.... I brought her home and you give total credit to this idiot" Neeraj said as he came to Shivaay's side and slapped him gently on the shoulder and placed his arms on him.....

Mom just smiled.....and backed away..... Shiv soon pulled out his hand from mine as nothing happened and went in without looking at me. I stood there watching his retreating figure....

"Don't feel bad Chotti....he is upset"

Neeraj's voice brought me back..."no no I am not feeling bad for his behavior... I am just guilty of my behavior and words...."