The Ceremony

Sitting in the car as she headed back home with Neeraj, she lifted her trembling hands and looked at them. She had killed someone. Someone who had brought her up, whatever it was, for money or her property, she spent eight years of life with no worries, with a great sister to be with. The moments she shared with him as a daughter. All that couldn't be an act, could it?? Even in the dark corners of his heart, at least for once, just a tiny little bit, he would have a soft corner for me,she thought.

That day as he uttered those words she couldn't handle them. She hated evil eye ,but she had some hopes on that man who has been her dad for eight years that he would change, change for his family atleast. She recalled the memories of her old home and today as she reminisced he was vanishing like a star dust from every scene, and every part of her story. And the feeling of, it was she who killed him.

As she was fighting within, suddenly Shiv's face appeared and the background of the past vanished, there were only both of them no one else and nothing else. He held her hand and the words he told few moments ago reverberated,

"I know, once you step out of this house and step away from me, you will start questioning yourself. Your conscience will try to grab you and torment you but let tell you..
no, not to you, to your inner conscience, remember this

This world is never a place of sunshines and rainbows. It will never be too. It has everything in equals, in balance, it has happiness, it has sorrows, it seeks riches and at the same time it shelters poverty, it has order and it has choas and it protects innocents and it is also the one who hunts, light and dark all lie under a same roof, and they must lie under the same roof, the problem actually arrives when the balance goes off. Balance, that is what keeps everything going in the universe, and anything excess is harmful even it may be bad or even good, the scales must be equal, and when the scales go off balance and bad outweighs good, it turns into a disaster. And try to restore balance,is what we all do and in the course of it if we seek violence too it is the path to justice even the god does it. By doing so you are only helping him playing your part in the world.

That man is a snake , he may not seem to be ,he has become poisonous since his association with evil eye, he has done ghastly crimes in greed of money and power, he even tried to find and kill your sister and aunt as they refused to let him know where our family was. He has lost his right to be on this place. You must remember this, before you start blaming yourself, guilting yourself, we are playing our part in the world and we are fighting for justice and for a right cause and remember....you can't be a cow in the wild!!"

As Shiv's words , rang in her mind, she closed her eyes and breathed in.

She started settling in and she found peace. Suddenly the realisation of she was finally with her Shiv and no matter whatever's gonna happen, her Shiv will be there for her. It was the reason enough to recall her mission and her responsibility.

Neeraj pulled the car at the entrance. She lost track of time. She got down and started walking towards the entrance with confidence. She then had nothing to hold back from. She was a different person. She entered the hustling and bustling hall of the staff working there. Every corner of the hall looked majestic ,with flowers , lights what not everything. And there was also HE sitting majestically on the sofa like a king on his throne.

He saw her approaching figure, she was not looking at him, he stiffened and looked majestic assessing her with his cold and calculative gaze.

She walked ahead and started walking towards the stairs as if the majestic man in between didn't exist at all. She was just a few feet away ,when suddenly a staff walked by her with a flower basket. She smelled the beautiful rose petals ,which spread their perfume of Love, she hurled the entire basket up as the flowers fell from above she twirled around enjoying herself and getting lost in the air of love.