A New Life

Vaishnavi

The next day I decided to explore the town... I know being a lady I cannot be safe all along .. I just need some security...and a financial stability so that I don't have to depend on any......

My family and Shiv came to my mind..... I am all alone now, tears started rolling down whenever my family and mainly Shiv came to my mind... I dreamt of having Shiv as my husband and my dad.... I thought he would accept Shiv..and we two are gonna live...etc...etc....

All trash... just forget everything...neither your dad nor Shiv was gonna come..as already they have decided to kill you...it means they don't need you...and if you have gone by yourself.. then what would that matter them??

Really???Shiv let me go,he gave up on me????

No no...its not the time of grief.... I know I love him that doesn't mean that I can't live without him.... though I love him.... I don't want to waste this life by weeping over someone who doesn't love me.....

Then my other instinct...

Oh really...he doesn't love you?????ya..ya thats why he did many things...he saved you..the love and care he showed is that all because of only documents.???he was the great Kali Bhai....if he really need a sign...then he would have done it without showering his emotions....but no...his emotions are true.... You have seen him ....no it can't be..... whatever yes you love him and love doesn't only mean you have to stay together...you can also love from a distance may be a few miles away... wherever he was he should be safe.....and happy...if he is happy without me...then thats more than enough for me....may be my life was meaningless....but he can now live his life fully and completely,thats it I have decided..........

Wiping my tears I freshened myself and stepped out, I need a job and Shiv's wallet is soon gonna empty too...so I went out

I wandered the entire town but I didn't find any job. I was a graduate in finance and Marketing...but at that point I am glad if I find any job may be even a primary school teacher...

May be those words have reached god...and the result came out soon

I roamed everywhere and afternoon approached... I was feeling hungry but I didn't feel to eat. I started walking on the road where there were very few hawkers on the either sides and the shops were closed due to afternoon break.

Walking past the street I reached a t-junction...and two paths leading to different directions... I paused for a while and finally decided to take right ..and when I was about to turn right...a car approached from that side and headed towards straight....after a few seconds when I started walking straight.. suddenly I heard a scream of a woman and the sound of a car forced to come to halt and the brake was applied suddenly and that was evident from the sound coming behind...

I turned my head straight which is to the alternate way ...car was stopped and the fumes were rising like fog and people started gathering and their blabbering was audible... without any delay I walked towards the car and a crowd circled something and they were gasping in horror..I walked past the car which was driverless...may he he ran away and finally reached the crowd... forcing people to step aside I reached the inner circle and finally to it's centre...where I encountered an old lady laying unconscious with her head badly bleeding...my eyes widened and looked around but everyone was witnessing the drama instead of helping her.... shouting at them will not give positive results..so I myself tried to pick the lady up as she was heavy I was unable to even move her out of that place ..and soon the ambulance arrived may be someone has called for...well thats the best thing that they at least did that.....soon two people dressed in white came with a stretcher and lift the lady and took her towards the ambulance after placing her into the vehicle one of the men popped their head out "is anyone related to this woman ?" he enquired

No one was responding but she needs someone to take care of her.... sighing I moved forward towards the ambulance saying that I was.I took the seat giving a look at the poor old woman whose head was badly injured praying god to not let anything happen to her...

We reached the hospital and she was immediately taken to ICU emergency ward and I sat on the waiting chairs out. After sometime a nurse from the ward came to me...

"Are you the one with that woman,miss??"

"Yes...and is she fine??"

"The blood loss is heavy and it may take sometime for her to gain conscious the doctor started treatment.. don't worry she will soon be alright...and "handing me over the form "this is the admission form ..fill the details of that woman and submit them at the management..." And she was leaving ....

"Excuse me nurse....." And she stopped in midway and turned to face me..."yes"

"Umm...that Woman... actually I don't know her...she was laying unconscious and I thought she needs care thats why I decided to come with" I told her the truth...

She thought for a while and "oh!!is it..but the form submission is mandatory..so then just wait until she is back to her senses and when she is then fill up that" saying she went in the ward..

After the treatment was done ..I went in to see her....her head was covered in bandage and she was taking rest ....I requested for an extra bed and the nurse agreed and provided me the extra one near the woman....

The next morning the woman gained her consciousness....her eyes were opened with struggle and she looked straight ,I went to her took her hand and her gaze shifted to me...she was confused on seeing me
"Who are you??" She enquired and just then the nurse stepped in and narrated the story...her eyes glew with gratitude ,her hand reached my cheek and caressing "thank you so much beta...if you weren't there...god knows what had happened" I took her hand and gave an assuring smile...."no mention Maaji...it was my pleasure of being any help to you.." she too returned me smile....and she tried to get up and I helped her.....

After making her to sit...I tried to ask about her family...

"Maaji....will you tell me about your family .I will inform them that..." her expressions instantly fell from her face when she heard the term family and I didn't had enough strength continuing the sentence ....

She gave a look at me and then stared at the window that was exact opposite to me where the sun was shining bright...she stared for few seconds and finally she replied...

"I have no one beta....my daughter was killed in an accident and from that moment I live alone...my husband's death torn me and I am still recovering from that trauma.." her voice I felt as if she was trying to conceal her tears.. I understood that she was trying to hide her tears.... I didn't say anything ...after a while she turned her head towards me and continued..

" I am sorry if I have made you sad with my past... don't worry about me...you go home may be your family would be waiting for you" that word family felt like a stab in the heart.... hearing that term my dad and the other person whom I loved came to my mind...their faces were not leaving me... specially the latter's

I too tried my best to conceal my tears..and when I was doing that I realized that me and that woman both were on the same page...

God must be really crazy...

Taking a deep breath I opened my mouth to answer..."no Maaji..no one will be waiting...as there is no such one whom I can say that they are my family..." And now it was my turn to gaze at the window.. suddenly I felt a hand on my head... I turned my head encountering the woman .."don't worry beta... I know what it feels like...who says you don't have anyone...from today you have me....come with me beta to my home......." Her words made me to cry.... but I stopped myself from doing so... I smiled at her...

"No no Maaji... don't trouble yourself.... I will find my own way..." But she didn't agree she took my hand in hers..."any problem with staying with me beta??" Her voice was filled with love......in that age she needs someone to be her side....and I need someone to be with...may be we two were destined to meet that's why our situations too have merged......

"Nothing like that Maaji... I just don't want to be a problem in your life..."

"No girl...there is nothing like that ...you are staying with me thats it finalized" she has decided and I smiled at her.......