Marriage,a divine union

Nithya

It was 4 in the morning and we were  traveling in such chilling weather. Shiv's expression was same from the moment he came to take me from my room. His face displayed a certain emotion which I couldn't define. He sat beside me not even looking at my side. Mandeep his chief army head was driving the car and we were followed by two other vehicles of his army.

I only knew that we were going to get married but the atmosphere or the situation didn't seem that way. It was all like we were escaping from a crime. I believed him and I didn't even ask him as I didn't need that too. The car came to halt when I looked through the window in the foggy atmosphere I could see a building.

"get down" he said in controlled voice. I glanced at him he started to remove his seat belt and mandeep opened the door for him. When  I looked at my side too there was a man opening the door for me. I too removed my seat belt and  got down.

While I was taking in the view Shiv landed beside me, "vaish.... I can't tell you anything right now.... But just remember that it is all for you..... For us....." I looked at him as he continued without even looking at me. "go and get ready we have two hours left for our wedding. Mandeep will pick you up once you are done." I nodded my head and started moving towards the building and a hand landed on my shoulder. I know that hand as there was no other touch which could make me feel safe, warm and comfortable except one.

I turned back to see him who bent his head as if he was doing something inappropriate. "are you ready Vaish??? .... If no I will find some other w." my hand went to touch his cheek as I leant forward and my lips kissed his cheek.He froze.I didn't say anything he knew what my answer was.

He nodded his head in understanding and pressed my shoulder gently kissing my forehead," come soon..... I will be waiting for you" now it was my turn to nod my head. "sure" I said and moved ahead from my soon to-be-husband.

I walked towards the door when Mandeep opened the door for me. I thanked him and went in. It was a pent house. Whose it was I didn't know. At that point I only knew was to get ready as soon as possible.

The lights came as I entered and a familiar not at all expected cheery voice greeted me

"Vaishnavi!!!" as a familiar figure came out of a room and ran towards me. Before even my brain could process the figure slammed into me. My hands automatically went to wrap her.
"Sona girl!!!!" of all the shocks and twists she was the least expected here at this time. May be god might have thought to add some suger to the spice of my life. I missed her.

"what are you doing here??" I asked and pulled away from her.

"its your marriage and how can't I be there???" she said wiggling her brows.

"how do you know??"

"I know everything Ma'am.... Stop wasting time and come..." she dragged me towards a room from which she came "I have lot of work to do"

She took me to the room and I went to the bathroom to do my routine and came out freshened. She helped me dry my hair and gave me a box. I opened the box only to find the most expected thing.... Lehenga.

My wedding dress!!!

I was unable to believe it yet. It was wedding my wedding I am going to get married..... Soon I would be a married woman. I was actually in a confused state of whether I should feel happy and excited that I was going to get married to Shiv, the love of my life or should I feel sad that this is all happening just like an action film.

Every girl dreams of her marriage to be special. She may not expect some grand celebrations but she for sure expects to get married following all the rituals with her family members.