You and Me

The next two days slipped off as they came when Nithya was still in her shock. She became numb surrendering to everything. She had no hope. She was lost , she felt tired and weak. From that day when she was out for a long time , Evil eye has restricted her to her room alone. She wasn't even allowed to leave the room.

With the engagement date coming up, Nithya had no other way to tackle her truth and find her husband. It all seemed like her world was falling apart.

On that day in the afternoon, Rani walked in to her room to place a huge brass plate covered with a red cloth hiding its contents when Nithya was lost looking out of the window into the open sky.

"Didi ,your clothes and jewellery " she said excitedly.

The voice brought her back. She turned her head to encounter the smiling Rani's face. She forced a smile "keep it there and leave" she ordered.

"But Didi...." Rani was about to say something when Nithya interrupted with a "Please" in a desperate tone.

Rani saw that defeat that despair in Nithya's eyes. She wanted to ask what was wrong yet she could'nt. Sighing she left the room as requested.

Nithya stood there in defeat as there was not even twenty four hours now to do anything. She had no time left and soon as the hours passed, she would be engaged.

What should she do now. She didn't know. To run away far?? but to where?? To call off the engagement?? but how?? Should she tell Atharv the complete truth??What extents may evil eye go when he comes to know that she knew her truth. Her mother was still his custody and Neeraj ,what might he do to him if she goes on around telling the truth or even she runs away. She couldn't run. She had to find a way.

But before that she had to clear her mind,she needed some space,she felt suffocated staying in the room for days ,she wanted to go out. She knew she had only one way if she wanted to,she was gonna take that chance.

She took her mobile phone,unlocked it finding the familiar icon she tapped and the phone went to calling mode. She waited as the familiar ring was heard on the other side , followed by a surprised and excited voice.

"Hi Nithya,I was about to call you,glad you did !!!!" his cheery tone greeted her.

She had no time for any pleasantries or fake expressions,she was done with them ,she spoke the point straight,

"Atharv,I need to go out ,will you please come and pick me up???" she sounded monotonous leaving no arguments or other words.

"oh!!...ye ..yeah sure I will be there in an hour "he was take aback yet managed a reply.

Hanging up the call she placed the mobile on the bed heaving a sigh out. A throbbing headache started as she was getting herself ready,she massaged her forehead gently ,she felt dizzy and was about to fall down ,yet somehow she managed herself to sit on the bed ,grab the water bottle and gulp some.

Taking in deep breaths she rose from her bed,as the time arrived ,she moved downstairs awaiting Atharv. The situation downstairs was no different,there was a questionnaire from her Dad. As said she was done seriously,the house was swarming up with people all around busy in all the arrangements, the flowers,lights rangolis, everything.

During the entire questionnaire she was silent ,neither did she make a sound or nod ,Atharv somehow managed a lie about a date or something and soon they found sitting in Atharv's car.

"Where to Nithya ??? " it was the first time Atharv tried to talk to her.

"Please take me to my company" she said .

Atharv didn't understand what was going on in Nithya's mind,he had many questions ,the following day is like the dream come true for him,the girl whom he loved will be engaged to him and she would be officially his fiance,he was excited ,the other side was Nithya ,whose expression he couldn't fathom,one thing was sure ,she was not happy ,she was not in peace, something was going on ,but Atharv knew it would be best if he let her have some space,may be it was the pre ceremony jitters that every girl's gonna be through.