The emotional reunion

He froze in place. His heart went wild. He could hear the loud thumping of his heart. There was utter silence. He didn't know what she was gonna say to him. For not even a split second did she loosen her grip, his palm in hers turned sweaty. He was nervous, but the warmth emitted by the other palm in his re assured something, filled strength in him to look back , turn around and face her. Gulping he slowly turned around. His eyes fell on the hands intertwined. As he turned completely and slowly , his gaze travelled from their hands to slowly towards her face. He knew he couldn't look her in the eye yet he tried to , as his confused gaze fell on her face and slowly travelled to her eyes, he found those beautiful eyes gazing back at him, the thing hurt him so bad was that there were tears rolling down , and in the water droplets of her eyes, he could see himself there.His heart ached.
He just stood there looking at her and getting lost in her presence , warmth and eyes. It's like he was in another universe where nothing existed except for him and her.

After a long pause, she opened her mouth as she spoke,

"I have a job for you!!!!" as the words hit his ears, a gentle frown appeared on his face. He was confused on where it was going.

Before he could swallow and ask, she continued,

"I want you to never leave me , I want you to never stop coming after me, I want you to keep following me everywhere everytime, I want you to never stop showing your bloody face daily, I want you to keep loving me till eternity. "As the words left, her intensity of the voice rose, she literally screamed letting the last sentence out.

" I want you to take up the position as the husband of Mrs Nithya Agnihotri. What do you say Mr Shivaay Agnihotri??? "

The words rang in his head. He felt like it was all a hallucination. He was imagining things. Nithya and there before him and did she address him as Shivaay , did she really know who he was, or was he hallucinating.

As his mind was in utter confusion, her other hand shot up, his frown deepened as he thought she might slap him again, but she did the unexpected, her hand went up to gently touch his cheek , closing the remaining distance in between, as her palm touched his cheek , he stiffened under her touch , he felt cold he felt chills yet he felt warm , he felt great. How could someone be nervous and comfortable at the same time, if it isn't love then what is!!!!

She gently palmed his cheek , where she did slap him so hard days before. She regretted every moment of it. How could she do that?? Slowly she leaned it as she moved her hand to his cheekbones keeping him still, staring right into his eyes, she leaned in to kiss his cheek, her other hand which held his palm , freeing the grip reached out to rest on his shoulder for support as she kissed the other cheek.

His hands as an automatic reflex reached halfway through to hug her , but stopped himself as he feared that this was all his dream and if he reached out to hug she might disappear. His hands froze in place. He thought he was dreaming. Of course he was, he thought.

She leaned on to his cheek as one hand still on his right cheek , she leaned in to rest her face against his other cheek while her other hand went around to be placed on the other shoulder. He could feel her breath on his face. Yet he didn't come out of his daze. Leaning in more , she burst out suddenly, crying more,

"What have I done Shiv...." sniffing she continued as she struggled hard to let those words out, closing her eyes completely she let the tears out. She knew that there is only one person in her life with whom she can be weak , vulnerable and strong at the same time. She knew he would handle her no matter in whatever state , emotion or situation she was in. She was finally with him. She was with Shiv,her Shiv!!!

"I have slapped you...... how could I, you were " sniffing and swallowing more she wept bitterly "You were... you were there right before .... how... how blind I am... to not have seen you at all..... you have always come for me..... you have kept your promise , but what did , did I do... slap you and insult you!!!!"