A good bye to Kali

4 days to go

It was just four days from her judgement day that morning when her phone rang forcing her deep slumber to cease as she woke up jolted and kept her phone near her ear.

"Hey Nithya, good morning, sorry to disturb you early , I just couldn't wait " it was Sheetal.

Rubbing her eyes , hurling the blanket aside Nithya woke up awaiting some positive news from Sheetal.

"Yes Sheetal, tell me " she waited.

"I have some great news for ya, I finally found someone who knows Shivaay Agnihotri personally, who is an ex employee in Agnihotri group of industries head office which is currently our office. He is ready to give in any information we would expect him of " she let it all out.

To say Nithya was excited would be an understatement, she was beyond that. She just couldn't believe her ears.

"That's indeed some mind blowing news Sheetal , I can't thank you enough!!" she was overwhelmed.

" Hey shut up yaar , it's my duty as a friend , how can I leave you alone in a situation like this, whatever, meet me exactly after an hour , I will be waiting for you near your street, come soon "saying she hung her call up.

Removing the phone gently Nithya immediately went to the documents she carried and hugged them teary eyed.

" Why this game of Hide and seek!!! Can't you show yourself up, please do it for me will you, please show up for me, I want to see you I want to feel you with my eyes and I want to hug you for life and never want to leave your side no matter what "saying and tracing the name Agnihotri she hugged the documents to her heart.

An hour later descending stairs ,Nithya scanned the large empty hall to find a way out. Seemed like her dad was not in there. Taking it as a right opportunity she rushed out of the entrance and then to the large iron gate and stepped out. Taking in few steps she found Sheetal's car parked at the side.

She strode across the road and approached the parked vehicle and got herself in the passenger seat where Sheetal who saw her friend was ready to start the engine.

"Yes Nithya what say,Shall we??" starting the engine rising the accelerator and holding on to the brakes she asked.

"We shall" Nithya sounded as they were on a car race determined to crack victory,indeed it was a race for her ,a race against time with her fate.

Dropping the brakes the car drove off towards the destination. The journey went on for about an hour when they neared decent and comfortable buildings that looked cozy.Driving in Sheetal pulled the car specifically in front of a modern house that seemed recently remodeled.Its a two storey building with a decent front yard garden and the surrounded by fence all round the building leaving five feet gap in between.

Nithya and Sheetal got down of the car pushing the front gate they both started walking in. Stopping at the large wooden door ,Sheetal knocked the door twice,

Foot steps approached seconds later a woman appeared at the door throwing confused glances as she looked at us, when her eyes found her they widened abnormally ,

"You.... You...." She stuttered in shock when Nithya felt a movement from inside as a figure dashed forward and slammed into her.

"Vaishnavi..... Oh My god.... where were you...
how are you???" the figure placed her hands on either sides and hugged her tight as if drawing the breath out of her.

"What happened to you??I am so happy to finally see you!!!!" she was almost on the verge of crying.

As an automatic reflex Nithya's hands rushed forward to hug her back as it ignited a deep long lost connection that she has shared with that figure whose heart seemed to jump in joy in the mere sight of her.