Twelve

Louis lay motionless. He was completely still, the only indication was alive being the soft rising and falling of his chest.

Softly, I brushed the stray hair of his fringe to the side, feeling his skin warm underneath my finger tips. His face was peaceful, lips slightly parted and letting little puffs of air out. His skin was clean now, the only red being the small cut on his forehead, no longer stained with blood. He really was gorgeous.

I sighed, tiredly slumping in the chair beside the bed. I'd been sat here since this morning, when I got the all clear to see the young alpha.

He hasn't woken up yet. The only sound being the constant beeping of the heart monitor.

An IV was attached to him, pumping him full of nutrients. There wasn't much the doctors could do due to alphas fast healing rates. It was a waiting game to see when he would become conscious again..

***

"Haz?"

I woke up startled, looking straight to Louis in front of me. His face was scrunched up in discomfort, head turning to side to side as he slowly woke up.

I stood up quickly, hovering over Louis as the alpha opened his eyes, blue coming into view. I broke out in a grin, feeling incredibly relieved.

"Harrrryyy... fuck it hurts." Louis cried out, back arching as he clenched his teeth. My stomach dropped, knowing something was very wrong.

"Louis?! What's wrong? Where does it hurt?!" I rambled out, watching the young alpha squirm in pain as he reached over to press the assistance bottom, hoping someone will come quick.

"My chest. Fuck!" Louis screamed out, making me jump at the tone.

I rushed to pull down Louis' hospital gown, revealing his chest. That's when I saw all the veins around Louis' chest bulging out and purple, as of poison was running through his veins. I couldn't stop the gasp, seeing it flow up into his neck just as Louis' screamed out again, voice breaking.

Then he started thrashing around, head thrown against the pillow and eyes rolled back. The heart monitor went crazy, the beeping increasing rapidly as I started to cry, trying to hold Louis down. The veins reached his face, climbing past his eyes as it also began to reach his hands.

A nurse crashed into the room, immediately yelling out, "He's in cardiac arrest!"

I was suddenly pushed away, nurses and doctors surrounding the alpha instead. I was trying to run forward to him again, to hold him, but was being stopped by arms.

I was spun around, crying my eyes out in fright, and came face to face with Niall. The boy was paler then usual, wide eyed as he brought me into his chest, shielding him from the chaos in the room.

Niall watched with terrified eyes as the alpha his best friend had began to fall for, be shocked with a defibrillator as nurses yelled out to each other. It was only when the room went silent, the only sound being the low constant beep of the heart monitor breaking it, indicating he had no pulse.

"Time of death... 6:09 pm." I let out a cry as one of the nurses announced it.

I managed to wiggle out of Niall's arms, the blonde beta not being able to stop me as I crashed into the bed where Louis lay.

"Oh my g- louis no! Wake up! You gotta wake up!"I sobbed, shaking the alphas shoulders, seeing the purple in his veins covering his face. His chest was softly rising anymore, his breathing had stopped.

The room cleared, leaving us in the room as some of the nurses also cried, not being able to save the packs future alpha.

"Ha-"

"No! He can't be dead! Your not dead..." I yelled, making Niall wince, tears forming as he saw me break down.

I turned back to Louis and buried my face into his chest, and cried. I felt like my heart was splitting in two. My head pounded, and my stomach was turning. I felt like he was gonna be sick...

Snap

My head shot up, just in time for another one of Louis' fingers to seemingly snap. It was like a chain reaction then, his bones started snapping one by one, then soon he slowly started morphing.

I stumbled back, hearing Niall gasp beside me as twe watched in shock.

"Is he-"

"He's turning." I interrupted, mouth hanging open as tears stopped falling over my patchy cheeks.

It was in a matter of a minute when Louis transformed into his wolf. The large beast laid on the bed, dark down fur covering it, with his ears tipped black. Ive never seen Louis' wolf, but by his size it was obvious he was a royal alpha, the animal being huge and at least two times the size I knew i would be when I finally turned in front of him in a few months. We aren't supposed to meet each other's wolves until the mating ceremony...

Both of us gasped when the wolf raised his head, blinking groggily. He scanned the room, while I was holding his breath, not knowing if it was Louis or his alpha in control.

When the wolfs eyes landed on the us, he froze. I could tell it was the alpha in control, his eyes a glowing blue and the need to submit in anyway intense. So I stepped forward and tilted my head to the side, baring my neck.

The wolf sat up a bit, growling lowly. I couldn't hold back the smile, knowing the alpha agreed with me. I slowly looked up at the wolf, his eyes intimidating and staring me down.

And then I blinked, and his eyes were back to Louis' blue.

I covered his mouth as i started crying again. The wolf jumped off the bed, stumbling a bit and coming towards me, now on the floor as my knees gave in.

Louis growled softly, nuzzling his head on me chest then up my neck and to the side of my head. I shivered at the feeling of his corse fur against my skin.

I cried happy tears, happily letting the alpha scent me as I looked up to Niall with shining eyes and a wide, unbreakable smile.

I've noticed some people are like missing chapters or something, so if you feel like you missed a chunk of the story (and wanna be nice and get this books reads up) head back to the previous chapters.

Xx