Thirty four

Louis pov

I bite my tongue, focusing and buttoning up my shirt as I look at myself in the mirror.

I'm getting married. To Harry.

I'm mating Harry.

Dear goddess, why did you make me so lucky?

"Looking smart, son." I look behind myself, seeing my dads reflection come up behind me in the mirror.

"Thanks, dad." I give him a small smile, fixing my my tie tighter around my neck, only for it to end up uneven. 

"Turn around, I'll do it for you." He insists, guiding my shoulders to face him.

He stands above me, I take after my mum in the height department, regrettably. His wrinkled fingers loosen the knot, fiddling with it until he sighs.

"I gotta admit, I never learnt how to tie a tie." His confession makes me laugh in surprise. "Your mother always did mine for me, and I've just avoided them since." Gesturing down to his lack of tie with his suit.

"Really?" I chuckle.

"Really. Here." With a smile, he slips the tie over my head and chucks it behind him somewhere. Then fiddles with my collar, buttoning the top button up and patting me on the shoulders twice before pulling away.

I turn around again, reaching for my jacket handing on the side of the mirror and tugging it on, doing the single button up

I turn around again, reaching for my jacket handing on the side of the mirror and tugging it on, doing the single button up. I fix the piece of fabric in the pocket, goddess knows what it's actually called.

My dad stands behind me, giving me a nod before speaking up again. "Don't mess this up, son. I know soulmates when I see them. Don't lose who the goddess made just for you."

I look him in the eye, breathing deeply before nodding, not being able to think of any response.

This is the first conversation with my father I've had in recent years that hasn't ended in conflict.

It's with a smile that he pats my shoulder once more, "now before we get you mated, I have a surprise for you."

I turn around to face him, looking at him with a questioning look when there's a knock on the door.

But it's when they walk in, does my mouth drop.

"Holy shit, Stan!" I exclaim, meeting my best friend half way in a hug as he enters the room, that same grin on his face.

Pulling away, I grip his shoulders, shaking my head in disbelief. "What? How? I thought you were in France?!"

"Do you really think I'd miss my best friends wedding? Fuck no! We'd promised we'd make it to each other's, you made it for mine, so I'm just holding up my end of the deal." He chuckles, patting my cheek before bringing me in for another hug.