Twenty five

The weather was sunny, sun high and bright. It contrasted the mood greatly. The only characteristic that matched it was the bitter winter cold that had settled in. It was late October now, but empty feeling had not been filled.

I was gripping Louis scarf tightly, watching silently. It was only when fingers laced between mine that looked away, seeing Gemma's hand linked with mine. I bit my lip, leaning into Louis as he held my waist tightly.

I told Louis I didn't want a funeral. A memorial more than anything. We didn't have anything to bury anyway, all traces of him gone. But the feelings surrounding the pack since the news broke had made this feel like the most important funeral I'd attended.

And it was, because it was my baby's.

So here we are in the pack cemetery, in the royal families plot. Where a new headstone lays, small and pristine white marble.

In loving memory of Azure Tomlinson
2012
"Left the paw prints pressed into our hearts"

I swallowed past the lump in my throat. The lone date made me sick.

The last week had been long. Between the days I didn't leave the bedroom to being constantly doted on by everyone, I felt like my world was slowly collapsing on top of me.

I could feel the pain Louis was feeling. We were both feeling the same thing, only I had guilt.

I had let them do it. I didn't stop them.

"Don't." Louis whispered, making me look to him. His head was turned to mine, our faces close. His breathe was warm compared to the chilled air. "I know what your thinking."

"But it is my fault." I replied in a whisper, running my hand down the soft material I held. Louis' hand wrapped around mine.

"No it's not. It's those sick people who did it fault. They did that to you. And you tried the best you could to stop them." Louis spoke, looking straight into my eyes. I swallowed.

"It wasn't enough. What if I could have done better? You would have been a dad, Louis, but I ruined it." I sniffled, hearing footsteps meaning people were leaving. It was just us alone now.

Louis' cold hands cupped my cheeks. His eyes were so blue, so intense and dominating, that it made me want to look away. "You did what you could. If anyone could have done better, it would be me. But that's not how it panned out. The moon goddess decided that this was to happen, for whatever twisted reason, she did. We can't change it now, Haz. And you have no need to blame yourself. Those people are to blame. Maybe now wasn't the right time, maybe we aren't supposed to have a pup right now. But when it is the right time, you will make me the happiest alpha on the planet because you made me a dad, Harry."

I left my tears fall, burying my face into Louis' chest.

***

"Can you tell me the prophecy again, Haz?"

I fiddled with my beanie, resting it in my lap and fiddling with a loose thread. I looked up at Louis, nodding and taking a deep breathe.

It was warmer in the house, the comfortable scent of Louis bedroom wrapping me up. As well as the mountain of a nest I had built on the bed.

I hadn't noticed really when I'd done it, but both Louis' and I's clothes were neatly spread around the bed, mostly forming a large circle where we both could fit. It smelt of both of us, and it was highly addictive.

"It's some old witch prophecy that the Liam guy told me. That a pure blooded wolf would have a alpha's pup who had witch blood, who was a witch and a wolf. I think. And that the pup would bring devastation..."

It was silent for a moment. I watched Louis as he furrowed his brows in thought.

"Are you a witch?"

Louis' head snapped in my direction. I couldn't help but ask.

He shook his head. "No. I'm a wolf. You can't be both. Both of my parents were wolves."

I nodded, biting my lip. "Then why would they think you are?"

It was silent again.

"I know your dad comes from pure blood, the pack is as old as my blood pack... but what about your mum?" I asked. Louis frowned.

"I think I would have known if my mum was a witch..."

"Maybe not though."