Thirty seven

"I wish we were on a beach. Somewhere tropical. Like..." Harry sighs as he sits down, the leather of the chair squeaking. "Like Fiji. Or the Maldives. Where all those pretty instagram models go."

I bite my bottom lip, trying to stop myself from laughing. Harry looks up at me, green eyes shining as he grins. I scratch the back of his curls before sitting down in the chair next to him. He's prettier than any of those 'models'.

"When this is all over, I'll take you on a honeymoon."

"That'd be so lovely, Lou." He smiles at me, and I can feel the warmth from him radiate through me. This mate bond is really amazing. Since we've mated, we've been able to feel each other's emotions. I can't wait to be able to talk through it too.

"And I'd knot you on our private beach."

I burst out laughing as Harry's face reddens, crinkling his nose at my words.

"Really lovely." He retorts, with less sarcasm than I can guess he was trying to give. Just then, my dad walks into the room.

He's stressed, the whole house can feel it. I place my hand on Harry's thigh as he sinks into his seat a bit, clearly overwhelmed by the toxic scent my fathers giving off. Between the top alphas scent and my wolf's restlessness, the entire pack is unsettled.

But my wolf isn't the main problem right now.

"I've tried to make contact with alpha Marcel. There's been no reply. I've just come from a meeting with some of the elders. They think we should attack." Dad announces, slumping down into the large office chair and rubbing his face. When he look up, I can see how tired and frustrated he looks.

"On what basis? We're gonna start a war?" I ask, conflicting emotions running through me. I'm not against conflict if it's justified, which this is, but I know the casualties and sacrifices that come with it.  

"There hasn't been a conflict between packs for a century." Harry pipes up, looking at me with a concerned look. He's scared, a sinking feeling coming through the bond.

"Exactly. That's why I wanted to talk with them civilly, but they are refusing. The only option is to storm the place." My father replies, looking to me. I nod in agreement.

"If you wanna risk this, and if this is the only way to solve this, then I agree. Their prophecy is clearly wrong. And they have been hurting my omega for too long. They can't get away with what they did." Harry's hand clenches mine as I feel my wolf rumble inside me. He's howling at me to get revenge for our pups death.

"Do it." Harry agrees, voice almost a snarl. I've never seen his this angry. "They can't get away with what they did to our pup."

With a nod from my dad, he rushes out of the room once again.

***

"Are you coming to bed anytime soon? Because as much as I like the view of you working out at 11 at night, I'd much rather you with me."

I look up, breathing heavily as Harry's sits up a bit in bed, leaning against the headboard.

Finishing one last sit up, I exhale and rise to my feet. I walk towards him, smirking as Harry raises a brow. The lamp beside my side of the bed is on, casting a golden light over him. He's golden.

"If you insist, my sweet omega." I pretend to groan as I crawl up the bed toward him. He giggles, hiding under the bed covers as reach out to kiss him. "Hey!"

"I didn't say I wanted kisses." His voice is muffled under the doona.

"You didn't say you didn't." I grumble back, matching his tone as he peaks the top of his head out. He blinks at me, and I can't ignore the wave of lust that breaks through the mate bond before he practically jumps at me.

It's been like this since we mated, and while only two days ago, we haven't taken a true moment to really rest. And I'm not complaining, because to be honest, I'd never think I'd find anyone that would match my libido.

Harry's lips are hungry, and he's minty from the toothpaste he used earlier. His hands are a little cold, as they usually are; omegas run cold, alphas run hot.

I kiss him back just as eagerly, pulling back the blankets from him as our tongues meet as if fireworks are igniting.

It's within moments that my shorts and underwear are off to the other side of the bed and his lone shirt is all but ripped away. Literally. I don't even realise my craws appearing until a gasp escapes my omega's mouth.

Pulling away from each other, I immediately scramble back as Harry sits upright, pulling his shirt away from his chest. Five large claw marks are torn into the he fabric, red spreading through the fabric. Blood.

Harry cringes, tugging the shirt over his head. The marks cover is chest. I gasp, and my wolf howls inside me.

I hurt Harry.

He looks up at me, tears in his green eyes. And my heart aches, hurts so badly that I struggle to breath as I rush off the bed. I don't care that I'm naked, I simply stare at the bleeding across his chest. And despite them already healing, I can feel the cuts across in my own skin. I feel nauseous. He looks hurt.

"Lou-"

I don't hear what he says after, because I'm rushing into the bathroom, crashing to the floor and emptying my dinner onto it, just missing the toilet.

"Louis!"

My throat burns as I heave, trying to breathe, but I'm struggling. A cold sweat makes me shiver, and it's sudden when a stabbing pain in my chest makes me cry out.

Even my wolf whines at the feeling.

I can hear my name being called, but it's as if I'm underwater. It's only when soft hands are holding my cheeks am I able to focus on anything.

Harry's concerned gaze meets mine, green eyes glossy and face pale. His expression only drops mores when I groan out as my chest tightens.

"Somethings wrong..." I gasp out, holding my hand to my chest. I can't hear what he's saying, but Harry's fingers fit between mine.

It's as if someone is stabbing me repeatedly in the chest, and I can hear my heart beat in my ears. I'm cold, as if my body temperature is dropping quickly.

I look up at Harry again, tears rubbing down blotchy cheeks as he kneels on the ground in front of me. His arm around my neck is the only thing keeping my off the floor. I look into his eyes, gasping for a breath as I'm hit by another wave of panic making my whole body tense.

I'm scared.

"Haz..."

"I've got you."

Dun dun daaaa....

Hey guys, sorry there has been such a wait between updates. I'm gonna be posting regularly, hopefully, up until exams which are in a couple weeks. Then I'm all yours and this book will be being wrapped up in a new big bow.