Thirteen

Thank you guys for 1k reads, that's crazy xxx comment what your favourite chapter has been so far.

I listened the soft creaking of the floorboards behind me, the sound of claws against the wooden floors so quiet I had to strain to hear it. For being so large, he was very good at being inconspicuous.

I walked down the hallway slowly, not wanting to rush. Once I'd reached the door at the end, I paused, turning around to no longer see the beast who had been following me for the past day.

Looking down the long hall, my gaze landed on the wolf, sitting down and looking up at one of the many paintings that lined to walls. I knew exactly which one it was.

It was a silver ornate frame, a detailed oil painting of the previous Luna inside. It was beautiful, one of the best paintings I've ever seen, capturing Jay amazingly. It was incredibly life like. Standing amongst the many portraits of the royal pack family throughout the centuries, it stood out as it was the only lone one. I could tell the significance of the picture was huge, and by the young alpha staring up at it, tail thumping softly against the floor happily, it was for Louis as well. I know he loved his mum a lot.

"Lou?" I called out, seeing the wolf turn its head to me.

The blue eyes caught me once again, seeming brighter then ever before, or maybe I just hadn't paid enough attention to them. Now, they're my favourite colour.

With one last look, the wolf strutted up to me, a tone of dominance and authority in the walk. Typical walk of an alpha. Once reaching me, he leaned his torso against me, waiting for me to open the door.

I did and followed Louis in, watching with cautious eyes as the wolf jumped up onto the large bed after scanning the room. I was still nervous after today's events, hence why I had followed him upstairs.

Transforming into your wolf was a sacred act, a private experience that should be only limited to be witnessed by loved ones. Hence why we had come back to Louis' room.

The nurses had checked Louis over, and he was in seemingly perfect health, not at all what was to be expected after dying and coming back to life magically.

It was a mystery to everyone, and one that left a bad feeling, dread, in the bottom of my stomach.

I don't think I'd ever been as scared in life when Louis pulse stopped.

But now that I reminisce and know Louis is fine again, somehow unknowingly, I'm more scared at how I reacted.

I'd never left anything like it, it felt like i was dying too. My body hurt all over, my chest aching painfully. I couldn't stop the crying. It felt like the absolute grief that any soul could ever experience. And I hope I never have to feel that again.

But now peace had come back to me, to the pack. I had lead him upstairs, where he had the privacy needed to change back.

I turned on my heel, ready to exit the room again, but a low growl stopped me.

It was dangerous and a warning, making me turn around in slight fright at the glowing blue eyes staring me down.

The alpha growled again, lowly, and I found myself moving towards the bed involuntarily. I sat down on the edge, holding my breathe as the wolf placed his head on my lap and looking up at me with, this time, sweet blue orbs.

I bite my lip to hold back a smile as Louis nosed my hand, giving it a lick and nudging to closer to his head. Getting what he was wanting, I stroked the soft fur on the top of the wolfs head and behind the ears, making him let out a content sigh.

"Are you going to change back anytime soon?" I chimed, smile on my face after a while of my patting the alpha. Louis growled stubbornly, making me giggle.

He slowly sat up, looking at me with carefully eyes. I stared back, wishing I knew what he was thinking, but having no way of knowing without a mind link, something that wouldn't come in until after we mated.

When we would be linked for life...

I was broken out of my thoughts by a tongue licking up the side of my face, leaving a thick layer of slobber.

"NO! Ew Louis!" I exclaimed, shuffling away from the wolf, who was sporting a wide grin that could be even seen on his wolfy features.

Wiping my cheek, I watched Louis as he leap off the bed and land in the middle of the ornate carpet that sat between the cloud couch and the Tv mounted on the wall.

The sound of bones crunching made me wince and look away, knowing there wasn't any pain for him though was comforting. After we change and learn to deal with the pain over the years, you hardly even feel it anymore, you become immune to the pain of transforming.

When I finally glanced up again, I immediately sprung up in my seat.

Louis lay on the ground, facing the ceiling as he panted heavily. But what frightened me, was the familiar and dreaded purple veins.

I raced over, grabbing the throw blanket from the couch to cover his modesty. I blushed, not daring to look.

Louis' face was scrunched up in discomfort, but on closer inspection, the veins seemed to be slowly disappearing.

"Are you ok? Does it hurt?" I asked, trying to find someway to help. Louis shook his head, eyes opening to reveal a glowing blue.

"Don't worry, Omega." Louis alpha was clearly in control, his voice deeper and a vibrating tone, so I just sat by him on my knees, hands on my thighs.

All those etiquette classes I took when I was younger were handy sometimes, especially when dealing with alphas who I was to respect, like my future mate...

Louis sat up suddenly, coughing as the veins were completely gone. I was hesitant to touch him, just in case, but I softly patted him on the back until he finally calmed down.

Taking a deep breath, he looked at me with his normal blue eyes and a tired smile. His pale face and sunken eyes made him look ill, but his cheeks were rosy. He's fine.

He's alive.

I couldn't help but let out a soft sob, putting a hand over my mouth to hold it in. Louis' eyes widened, scanning me over in urgency, before his features softened and hugged me into him.

My forehead landed on his bare chest, and I ignored how I could feel his skin against mine.

"Shhh, don't cry haz. It's alright. See, I'm fine now." I pulled back, him rubbing his hands up and down my upper arms comfortingly, one travelling up my neck.

I smiled, wiping my eyes and tear tracks. "Sorry."

"Don't apologise. Never apologise." Louis stated firmly, brushing my hair away from my face. I hadn't done my hair today, I probably looked a mess. But the blue eyes of the alpha were looking over me, glint in his eye, and that was all I needed to not worry about it.

"I'm ok now, yeah?" Louis asked, making me nod in confirmation.

"It... it just hurt really bad. Im glad your ok, you need to be ok." I whispered, voice a little croaky.

Louis smiled sadly, cupping my cheeks and placing a gentle peck to my lips. I sighed contently, happy and remembering how at one point, I thought we'd never kiss again.

"It'll be alright, Haz."