Twenty seven

I started writing this when we hit 12k and now we're at 13k! That's crazy. Thank you guys so much for reading. I'll try and update more frequently xx

Harry's pov

"I'll be back soon, love."

Louis left the room in a rush, closing the door behind him with a bang.

Waiting a few moments just to check he was gone, I scrambled up from the bed and headed towards the door he just went through.

Opening it to the hallway, it was empty. I snuck out, closing the door behind me and opening my rooms. My old room really. Everything I had was in Louis' that we shared.

The air was stale and a thin layer of dust covered the furniture.

I headed directly towards the wardrobe, opening the bottom draw and pushing aside my shorts I'd abandoned since the weather has cooled.

The cover of the book was worn and the top corner crippled, just as I remembered.

The History of The Omega: the beginning, the trials and the prophecies for strictly omega eyes only

Maybe I can find some answers...

***

Louis' pov

"There's an eclipse in less than two weeks, just before your birthday I believe." My father says as we skim through the old books his office contains. I'm laid back on the couch, book balanced on my chest.

Alpha Des hums from the chair in front of his desk, "twelve days."

I look up from my book and see the two men look at each other, before Des nods.

Dad turns his attention towards me, "son, we believe it would perfect time for your mating ceremony."

I raise my brows, not overly surprised honestly. I knew it was coming sooner than later. "12 days is an awfully short time to plan."

"You knew this was coming." He replies, sitting forward in his chair. I sit up as well, placing my feet on the floor.

"Obviously. I just don't think I want to be the one to tell Harry we have to get a whole mating ceremony organised in, like, eleven days." I cringe at the thought. He's only just began improving, recovering from what he's experienced. I can just see the stress piling on him already.

"Me neither." Des murmurs under his breath. Dad sighs.

"You'll have help. Anyway, since it's going to be so soon, we've both decided it's probably best and safer to skip the rituals now and just keep the ceremony traditional." He explains. I tilted my head to the side.

"And what does that involve..."

***

I take a deep breath before venturing into the room, instantly being hit by Harry's sweet scent, stronger than ever. I smile as I walk in, seeing him curled up on the bed, under his favourite blanket and in a pair of my sweat pants, watching tv.

His eyes light up when he sees me.

"Hey Lou, how'd it go?" He sits up, small smile on my face as I toe off my shoes before climbing on the bed. I kiss his forehead, pushing the long curls off his forehead.

"We didn't find anything. I do have some news though..." I trail off, really not wanting to tell him. I sit with my back to the bed head. Harry watches me for a moment before shuffling forwards on his knees towards me. Swinging one leg over mine, he sits down, straddling my thighs.

I rub the skin of his bare hips, biting my lips as I see goosebumps raise.

"Don't get distracted, tell me." Harry slaps my hands lightly, making me pull away. He smirks as I fake injury. "Just get on with it."

"Ok bossy boots. Your not supposed to hit your alpha, you know?" I complain, watching his as he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah yeah. Get on with it, alpha." He smiles cheekily, watching me inhale sharply before calming down. He know what he does when he calls me that...

"Fine..." I look down, playing with his long fingers as I think that the best way is just come out and say it. "Right, well our dads have set a date for our mating ceremony." I can immediately sense the excitement that radiates off him.

"Great! When?"

"The eclipse. In twelve days."

"Twelve days! TWELVE!" I flinch at the pitch of his scream. His expression is horrified, mind obviously racing of how we are going to pull off the biggest mating in recent history within just over a week.

"There more..."

"Alright." Harry takes a breath, relaxing on my lap. "Go on." He threads our fingers together. I bite my lower lip.

"We are skipping all the rituals due to safety concerns and the time crunch, so they want the ceremony as traditional as possible."

"Oh." Harry frowns, a pinkness rising to his cheeks.

"You know what that means?" I ask, suspicious of his reaction.

"Yeah. My cousin wanted his to be traditional." He flushes even more, his palm sweaty against mine.

"So you know-"

"That we basically have to fuck in front of everyone? Yeah." He breathes out the last word, a little shaky.

I can't help but growl a little, "don't think of it like that. We'll be in wolf form, it's a bit different. Less to see, I guess. Kind of."

Harry chuckles a little, booping my nose that I can assure is just as red as his from the thought of it. "We get married before it, too."

"Yeah." I breathe out, leaning forward to rest my head of his shoulder, nuzzling my nose to were his scent is the strongest, just to feel his shiver.

"Can't wait, alpha."