Thirty five

The sounds of laughter and talking dwindled the further we walked into the forest. Louis held my hand tightly, and although the air was cold enough for our breathing to be seen, our connected palms were clammy.

After the ceremony and customary photos I forced Louis to take, even though I knew he secretly enjoyed them, we joined to reception held in the backyard of the pack house. The whole garden was packed and I just dreaded to see the results of the stomped plants in the morning.

The party was a celebration, but also a well needed distraction from exactly where we are headed. That probably explains why I'm tripping over my own feet as I giggle into my husband's shoulder.

"Louis, guess what?" I whisper, pressing my cold nose into his cheek.

"What is it now?" Contrasting his annoyed tone, I feel his face lift as he smiles amused.

"You're my husband." I can't stop the hiccup when I giggle.

"Shut up, you idiot. I know I'm your husband, like you're mine. You've had way too much to drink tonight." Louis scolds, making me pout. He looks at me, leaning forward and biting my bottom lip. We continue to slowly make our way down the trail as soon as he pulls away.

"Your the one who let me, alpha. Should have seen my dads face when you said yes." I laugh, almost falling over as I remember the anger that flashed over his face when he couldn't do anything about it.

"I said you could have some champagne, not get pissed." Louis rebuts, fingers pinching my hand jokingly before interlocking with mine to pull me along faster.

" 'Some champagne' doesn't really clarify how much..." my words trail off when I notice the dim lights ahead. I bite my lip in hesitation.

Louis must sense it, because he slows down again, coming to a stop just before the tree line that circles the clearing. I can hear voices, but before I get a good look, Louis is cupping my cheeks to make me meet his eyes.

"It'll be alright, Haz. All we have to do is get through it. We've done it before, just block out everything else but me, yeah? I'll promise I'll be quick, maybe." He smirks, making me scrunch up my nose at his antics. "But seriously, Haz. It'll be fine. After we do the oaths, just block them out. It'll be just me and you."

I nod, looking behind him as he lets go of my face. I suddenly feel much more sober. The clearing behind us is surrounded by large lit up torches, circling the area where a few people are standing around and talking. I can see my family and Louis' among them. I swallow down the lump in my throat.

"Now, I've gotta tell you something. And you have to promise not to get mad." Louis states, wincing when I look at him, confused.

"What is it?"

"I forgot to tell you, but since your not eighteen and you and your wolf haven't bonded yet... we have to mate in human form."

"What!" I squeak, slapping Louis chest making him wince again. "It was bad enough in wolf form, now we have to do in human? Why didn't you mention this before? Fuck! I am not prepared for my parents to see me naked."

Louis snorts, covering his mouth with his hand as he clears his throat. I just frown at him. "Sorry, baby. It's just, they would have seen you naked anyway." My frown just deepens as I stare at him.

"Listen, just think after this ten minute-" I raise my brows at him. "Alright, five minutes at the most. We are gonna be mated. You'll officially be my omega, yeah? I wanna be your alpha so bad. That's all I really want. So just block it all out and be there, with me."

I grab Louis hand as I look at his shiny, black dress shoes, smiling weakly before nodding. "Alright. I love you." I stare into his eyes, swimming in the deep blue.

"I love you, more. Now c'mon, I'm about to get laid."

"Louis your so fucking stupid I swear-"

"Alright alright! Sorry, love." He laughs as I smack his chest again, squeezing my hand and leading us into the clearing.

All chatter stops once we walk further in, towards Mark who meets us in the middle of the patch of grass. I notice a blanketed spot on the ground, a few pillows and throws piled nicely by us. I swallow another lump rising in my throat.

I only dare to look up once, seeing my mum and dad off behind Mark. When I lock eyes with Gemma, she grins, giving a thumbs up. I must look as scared and embarrassed as I feel, because she grimaces and whispers something to mum, who smiles brightly at me. I don't even dare to look at dad.

Fucking hell.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road." Mark claps his hands, making me jump in sudden fright. Louis pulls me closer to him, arm wrapping around my waist.

I can't tell if I'm shaking with fear or because it's so bloody cold out here. I can't find any warmth in this outfit, my lack of shirt under the jacket not helping at all.

"Dear goddess. Members of the couples family packs over the age of fifteen are present to witness this mating." Mark begins to read off a peace of paper. "This mating is under special circumstances, meaning it will take place in human form, since the omega of the relationship has yet to turn eighteen and bond with his wolf."

Mark looks up at us before continuing, "do you both, in the eyes of the goddess, consent to this mating as a married couple?"

"Yes" my response comes out quieter than Louis', making me clear my throat.

"Ok, well that's all for the formalities." Mark states, folding the paper and putting it in his suit jacket pocket. "Nobody is to interact or interfere with the mating process, we are only here as witnesses, and we turn over backs during the actual act since you're r in human form. After it's over, the omegas of the group will have a look at the bonding mark, ok Harry? Just to be certain it sticks."

"Ok." I nod, looking over to my mum, and then to Lottie who stands by herself, sending me a reassuring smile. I didn't realise everyone turns around and doesn't actually watch. Maybe being in human turns out to be better after all.

Mark shoots us both a warm smile, patting Louis' upper arm as he heads to besides Lottie. Everyone slowly turns around as Louis leads me over to the blankets, kissing my cheek.

"Just let me take control and block them out. It's just you and I."

Do you guys want Harry's or Louis point of view for the next chapter? I can't decide.