4. Junks

ANSHUMAAN.

'Knock...knock'

My peace got snatched away from me with this knock, "Who is it?" I recalled from my door.

"Open it." It was daadi, she said and I stood and walked over to the door. I opened it but before I can welcome her, she was already inside.

"Are you still upset about the marriage?" Daadi asked me since I haven't walked out of the door for a couple of days.

"Look, Daadi! I have no interest in getting married." I cleared her.

"What is wrong with her? She is rich. Comes from a responsible and famous family. She has immense power in the society. And her blood is highborn too."

"Apart from that, what is good in her?" I asked her. "That woman is crazy you have seen it," I told her what I truly am concerned about right now.

"It's not like you have to love her. You just have to do your duty. Like any other fathers or grandfathers of yours. What do you think? They all married for love. No, my grandson. It was all duty. Or else why do all generations have at least one illegitimate child? In your grandfather's time, it was your last uncle, and in yours it was Sahil. We all were just fulfilling our duties. You can still have your life later. And you know what? That girl is like that, is the best part for you. Because you can any day divorce her or enjoy your life in clubs and pubs because she will never care. It's like a double life, you will have all her money, her herself as well as all the affairs and bachelor life outside. Do you understand?"  She asked me, trying to make sense. And somehow they did.

But,

"Are you saying, I should make an illegitimate child too? You want another illegitimate child in the family, who might turn out as the next rapist of the generation.
Or you are suggesting, that I should marry, probably rob that girl, even take her advantage of and then cheat on her outside?
I am confused. Is your conscience aged with you too? You are a woman yourself, how can you tell me to cheat on some girl? And daadi just because she is different or not my type  doesn't qualify or give me right to use her like this, or hurt her." I accused her and she was pissed.

"This is why I tell you not to go to that Heer or Vivaan's house. Look how much crap she has filled in your head."

"You have filled this crap in me daadi. You are asking me to chew that girl as a gum and then spit her. Now I get why Rudram did what he did. You must be filling this crap in him too. "

"Don't bring others in this,"

"You were the one, who did this first. You brought Heer Bhabhi in this."

"Fine you don't want to cheat on that girl and want to behave in your CONSCIENCE, do that. But you are still going to marry. Doesn't matter what she is going to do in this few days. Understand. Or you are free to leave this house and leave it on the footpath or ex-wife's house like Rudram did before he ran away. " She said to me and walked out of the room.

After a little reflection on myself. I made my decision.

I need to talk to someone. I went to bed and find out three missed calls from Psychopathlady

I dialled back and in two rings she picked it up with a huge yelling from the other side, "Do you not know how to hit the green button in your phone? Or do you not know anything other than hitting on girls?" Her and her savage replies.

"I was talking to daadi," I explained to her.

"I didn't know daadi was the latest word after baby, Shona,jaadu, tona."

"I mean my real daadi. My grandfather's wife and my dad's mom."

"I didn't ask for an explanation though. I don't care if you talk to daadi or Daasi."  She again replied to me, making me feel dizzy. But then I remembered what I saw that day.