46: Inside out.

SIYANSHA

It's so peaceful to be in a room with no voice or disturbance around me. I was enjoying the grounded part.  A week here. And it's never been so peaceful.

I made the last stroke in the gown that I was designing, ever since the week. And it was ready. The designing took me a whole week, the longest I have ever put my head in without getting interrupted. And it was looking awesome.

I stood from the table looking around in the room to do next when I heard a noise on my door. My eyes ran towards the door. I walked towards the door, slightly opened the door, hopping my head out. Anshuman was standing, he pushed the door and came inside, "What are you doing?" I asked him when he closed the door, he pulled something out from a poly bag he was carrying with him.

"You haven't come out and eaten for a week!" He reminded me, much to my shock. "And came out of the room. So I bought you some KFC chicken fries you like!" He shrugged handing me the box.

"Why?" I asked him, shocked.

"What, Why?" He asked counter confused at me.

"Why do you think I like KFC chicken?" I asked him, "And, why you bought me food?" I asked him when his expression was nervous.

"You don't like them?" He asked me,

"I do." I said, "Yeah, I remembered that you were eating it once on a call." He again explained when I took the box and was walking toward bed to sit and eat.

"Wow!" He remarked, I pivoted to find him looking at my design. "It's beautiful"

"You didn't tell me, the other reason." I reminded him when he was ignoring me.

"I just thought that you hadn't been out of your room. And you don't let Chaya bring food to you. So just guesses." He shrugged when I took a bite of the crunchy wings.

"Siyansha? You okay right?" He asked me when I dipped in the sauce and took another bite of a piece of chicken.

"Why won't I be?" I asked him over his curios ass. He nodded looking at his phone screen. And I realized, why he was here.

I took one step, and another big step as I grabbed his phone. Looking at the screen, I thought it was Rehman who sent him here. But he was just looking at a WhatsApp Message that says, the ppt is submitted.

"What are you doing?" He asked shocked, when he grabbed the phone and took it away from my hand.

"Nothing, I thought you were face timing Rehman. And he sends you here,"

"Okay, he didn't send me here. I noticed that you haven't eaten for a week." He seemed hurt when I licked the sauce on my fingers. "If you might give me some credit."

"Chill, brother-in-law!"

"Just call me Anshuman." He stopped me, as I sat back on my seat and started to eat again."Why not?" I teased him, taking another bite.

"It's weird! We kissed. And you are calling me brother now. It's yak!" He was really cute right now.

And it was silence again, I kept eating while he looked at other designs I made before. "Did you draw all of this the whole week?" He asked me, when I shook my head, "No just the last one. Stuck in my place. It took me a whole fucking week." He again started to carefully look at the last one.

"I know you don't get why it took me a week, just forget it," I said wiping the sauce off and closing the box again.

"You are so right." He nodded in agreement and laughed in guilt. He kept the book down started to walk towards the bed and sat beside me. Silently. "The way I thought you guys met first. It didn't seem like you guys fight?" He hesitatingly said, when I nodded.

"What father-daughter don't fight? Every child fights with her parent. It's just normal."

"Yeah, I guess. But don't you people just kill when you are frustrated and angry." He accused, embarrassed laughing.

"We are not mafia Ansh. We are business owners."

"Well, it didn't seem like that to me, the whole time."

"It would be impossible for you to believe if I saw once we were just a normal and nice family wouldn't it?" I asked him the truth of reality when he shook his head, chuckling.

"We were just a nice normal family. Well, not that normal because I used to get kidnapped all the time by poor people to get some money from my dad. So I learned to fight and about nerves to make people sleep or relax when I press them. But apart from that we weren't always killing. My mom was nice and a trophy wife. She became a psycho after having a big heartbreak. She used to make lunch and dinners, take us to school and bring us back. Celebration of festivals and everything. But then one day I found Dad kissing Chaya in a hotel bathroom. I was around 15. Mom took us for lunch there after Kritika was bullied to heal up. But I then saw Dad. There. And that's when our whole world crumbled. Not only that Mom used to love him, but he also had the nerve to ask Mom to die and stay under the shadows. And of course, mom found it better to be called dead than being called a wife who couldn't keep her husband in hand. "  I told him my family's story. I thought that he must know since he was involved in everything and he was reciprocating my emotions too.

"So mom went around being dead. And married several times to forget about Dad. But she couldn't. And then she found out that dad bought Chaya home after marrying her too, so she couldn't help but plan to avenge herself. And became what she is now. She wants to take everything from Dad. And leave him with nothing. And wants us to help for same." I told him the end when his eyes were confused.

"When your mom is the one struggling all this while. So why are you helping your dad?" He asked me and understood what this was.

"Anshuman. That's mom's side. You still don't know about what I and Kritika went through. She used to hit us, strangle us and choke us. Tie us and beat us up with rod and more. Because we used to remind her of her love for Dad. About her life with him." I told him when his eyes turned teary.

"That's not right." He told me what he thought when I nodded.

"Yes, it wasn't. But doesn't matter. And this is what she does to me and Kritika. But I was always more of an eyesore for her. Because I was the one who told her about dad cheating on him. She was harder on me. I was the punch bag of her mental breakdowns. Because she thought, if I wouldn't have told we could have gone on pretending to be a perfect family, she oblivious to his betrayal." I laughed. But he was more hurt than I was.

"See, there is always some soft side to a tough girl." He tried to lighten the mood.

"No! I was always a bitch. Didn't you hear me? Kritika used to get bullied. That's the other thing that I inserted a pen in that boy's ass. That's why mom was at school because she had to meet the principal." And I reciprocated to make him comfortable.

"Wow! I never thought about this of Saya."

"That's why we are with Saya. He did betray us but he always cherished and loved us. He didn't teach me to sew my leg when it tore open. " I laughed and wanted him to too but he was shunned.

"What?" He asked me,

"Oh nothing, once they hit me too hard with the rod that I needed stitches. She brought me to the doctor and asked me to stitch it myself." He was on the top level shocked. His face was down.

And that's when a thud thud happened on our door. Kritika' a voice.