36. Meeting the deadends.

SIYANSHA.

Rehman stood from his seat. He kept his hand on his head, willing to scream. But was suppressing his urge. He roamed in the areas around the bed. He looked at me with worry. He was tired because of me. But I am in no position to leave him. I don't think I will survive a day if he is not there with me.

"Siyansha. I'll end this for you. Promise me to live with me in America? As a wife?" He suddenly uttered, turning to look at me, finding his answer in my blank face. "No?" He asked me again. Making me anxious. Admitting anything now is dangerous.

"Rehman," I said when he kept his hand ears. "No Siya. I don't want to hear." He said as he ran towards the door. And took off.

How can he act so ridiculous suddenly? As if he doesn't know, what I am like?

I heard a voice as I trailed off my seat, and walked towards the door.

"Rehman? Is she okay?"

"Why? So you can kill her again? " Rehman said to the pathetic girl. His hands craving to rip that head, off her.

"Probably." And she agreed. Bitch. "If you think my sister is ever going to love you? Then you are going to get hurt badly."

"Leave before. I show you what badly looks like." He took a glass of water from the purifier, gulping the whole thing down.

"Send her back to Saya Hari. Leave her alone. She is never going to reciprocate with your feelings. So stop wasting your time. It's not like you are going to save her anyway. No one can do so. It's the best thing to do. When you have bad cards, you don't keep playing. You quit in half."

And I waited for his response. It weirdly feels, that he'd agreed. Because I know I'm burdening him too much.

"Kritika leave if you want your daughter's safety. I won't spare anyone if Siya even gets a scratch anymore." His words were loud and clear. And was a clear indication for her to quit her game.

She laughed as she turned to leave.

~

"He left?" I asked Rehman while he was putting time oil in a pan. When he nodded. "Nice," I said gulping the glass of juice when he broke an egg in the pan. Making scrambles.

"Siya?" He asked me suddenly, making me shoot my head up in surprise.

"Let's get married." He said out of the blue.
"We are already living together. Spending and diving our day and chores. Talking, fighting smiling and camping. What's the problem?" Did he ask me at my dejected look?

How can he even think it's not a problem?

"I want more than separate rooms in this house." He said shutting off the flame and he walked to kiss on my head. But my hands stopped that from happening.

"You kidding right?" I was confused by his question.

"No! Since Dad is here, I think we should do it. It's time. Let's talk with him and make this quick." He was serious on his face. But, I was not.

"I promised that we would do it after everything is over."

"Well, I change my mind now. I want to do it quickly." He shrugged as if we were disagreeing on what to eat for dinner.

"It's not a joke Rehman. You want to do it early?" I said scoffing at him. Getting mad and standing on my feet, he tilted his head that said, he was trying to read me.

"What?" I asked him.

"You are not planning to marry me. At all?" He asked me as if he didn't know the answer.

We just had the same thing in hospital a week ago.

"You kn-" I was cut by him when he started to shake his head. "Seriously? Siya?" He again asked me, making me feel a little guilty inside. And he was aware of the answer by reading the silence in my face.

"Okay! Good!" He yelled, throwing the rag on the platform, resting both hands on the edge, his back towards me. "Let's break this!" He announced, with no regret in his voice. "I'd rather not see you at all than see you dead. Let's pull the relationship as well as friendship away."

His words, made me laugh. Chuckling, I crossed my arms as I took a step out, nodding. "Yeah. This is good. I always knew this would happen. But never expected so soon. Anyways you stuck longer than others." I muttered about how much I expected from him. And how much he stood for me.

"So, I'll leave now." I too determined picked up my phone. And was to walk out, when I heard him away. "Where are you leaving? Now?" He asked me as if he didn't know me.

"Where? I don't think I'm gonna inform a stranger about my plans?" I shrugged when he scoffed.

"You are going to live here. Siya-"

"No, This is your house. And I am not gonna live in a stranger's house?" I was clear in my words when I heard his emotions shattering on his face.

"This is your house Siyansha."

"No, this is not my house. When I came here. You used to live here."

"I give it to you now!" He frustrated, shouted at me.

"I'm neither helpless nor a beggar. Ah and also here," I felt hurt in my reputation and pride by his words, when I walked towards him, removing cash from my pockets, I threw it on his desk. "Here! Thanks for the meal. And keep the change." I said to him when he was on the verge of busting, his eyes red and his muscles tight.

Why? Was he expecting me to live like a dog? When does he say we need to break our friendship?

I am sorry, I have self-respect in me.

I pivoted to walk out when I remembered another very important thing about us.

I removed the ring from where I was standing, and threw it on his face, causing a scratch under his eyes.

"Thanks for everything. I know I used you badly. So as a therapist and as a friend. I'll calculate some amount. And send it to your bank. Okay?"