30. Intentionally and unintentionally lost.

ANSHUMAN.

My legs were out to sit in the car waiting outside the airport, when a loud voice rang beside me, the little girl crying, Before sitting inside the car, I took the little girl with her hands extended forward for me to take her from her caretaker. When she was in my hands all the wailing stopped, "Where is Kritika busy?" I asked the caretaker when she meekly replied after her at the phone call.

Is she having an affair? She is always on calls? Last time too. When the baby started to bother me too much on my chair, I heard her jogging towards me to take her in her arms. She reached me taking the cotton candy from my hand, as she started to swing her to calm her down.

I sat in the car, she following behind, sitting beside me. My mind is on the work I left pending in India to come to this stupid award event. In LA.

"Sir, the address you asked for, I emailed you." My secretary said from the front seat, and Kritika's eyes shot towards me. Must be already on its overthinking job. "Okay!" And I am not planning to explain anything to her. But she chose to remain quiet.

This is unlike Siya, she chooses to remain quiet. God! Why am I thinking about her? Is LA making her revive in me?

As the car reached the Venue, we were already in our separate rooms.

Kritika in hers and I in mine.

The marriage led place, soon after the trial period of six months ended between me and Siya. On force. I was undesirably pushed into this crap-like marriage.

And my family fled America after getting bulk money leaving me to be the living son-in-law of Oberoi. Her mom operated from inside and pushed me forward for everything. Siya's dad is still not out of her grip because of the grandchild we are not providing to her.

And Aria happened because of my drunkness. No one else will.

I reached for my mobile, on the table, as I went on the mail. Had many but reached for my secretary one. And couldn't help but click.

Looking at the unequal words typed in the mail, I wondered to myself should I go and see a woman who left me with a wife and daughter?

How will Siya respond to it? How is she?

Shut up, Ansh! She is gone. For you.

I threw the phone away from my hands on the bed. But her address came to my mind. Picturing in my head. Again and again.

Stop! Stop Ansh! Stop!

Fuck! I threw the glass on the table in the room, colliding with the wall if flew and scattered everywhere.

And I couldn't help it but tears rolled down from my eyes. Where am I? I was just a careless boy, who just joked and flirted and roamed and wasted his life.

And where am I? Tied in an unwanted knot, with an unwanted child, and with unwanted and unrequited love for someone who is already gone from life. Now, the careless man, busy and fucking his life in papers and rivals and business and shares.

What did happen to me?

Of course, I should go, and see what that person who destroyed my life is doing. Shouldn't I?

I came out of the hotel, taking the hotel taxi I decided to go. I followed the address given to me. As I managed to reach out of a house. The two-story house, the middle of another house in the line. I came out of the taxi, faltering on my steps.  I got scared if I should go inside or not.

On what name am I here to see her?

Who am I for her?

I heard a voice, I had almost forgotten behind me, "What the fuck are you doing here?"

Rehman.

I pivoted to find him behind me. His face was red, in his leather jacket and pants. With a different bike today, his brown hair pushed back, he came towards me, his eyes wandering from up to down. I unreasonably felt small in front of him. "Siya is nobody for you. So why are you here?" He asked approaching close to me, "I know but how is she?" I was at a loss for words so I said what came to my mind first.

"I am good, stranger." Somewhere deep in the dead heart thrived strongly in my chest, and without effort, my head went to the source. She came with a puppy in a hand with a bandage around its whole body. And it was whimpering in her body. And was probably half dead. In shorts, her whole toe to head half body covered in blue ink, visible from her crop tank top. Her brown long hair was cut short till her shoulders and her edges were blond. Her caramel brown eyes were staring at me with her perfectly pink lips smiling at me. For the first time, I saw her in something other than black and white. Out of leather collection. And she still didn't look normal to me.

How she always manages to look different. She neared towards me and handed the puppy to Rehman with a smile at me.

Her smirk was dangerous, but her smile didn't give any other vibe. Ever her lips curl up. It's all be same. "How are you?" She asked me, Rehman sight only fixated on the pubby. "Didn't you daggered the pubby yesterday?" He asked her. My eyes shot open. She what? Killed a pubby?

"Yes. But the neighbours saved him. So I took back what I left behind."

This sounded like a threat.

"Hello, sister!" She said, hanging her head at the side, with the same smile. And I realised that Kritika was following me. I slowly turned towards her to find her, teary eyes and her lips sipped together as if she was holding her urge to cry. With Aria in her hand.

Why did she bring Aria too?

My eyes from hers to down on the ground in guilt. "Ansh we should go back." She asked me to leave with her. "Ohh are you angry at me?" Siya asked her, her hand locked at her back as she walked towards her. "Is she your daughter?" She asked her again, receiving no reply from her back.

"What her name is Ariana? Isn't it?" She asked, "It's Aria." But at the wrong name, Kritika straightened her words. Siya nodded as she extended her hand to play with her.

Why does this not feel right?

Something is off?

Is she acting normal, or weird?

When she reached to have her in her arms, I and Kritika flinched in fear. Scared of the girl's life. But Siyansha laughed. "Are you scared for her life?" She asked as she took her in her hands.

"Is this what you wanted?" Siyansha asked, everyone, looking at her confused. "What?" Kritika asked after the silent stares.

"Anshuman, Aria, life with him. Is this what you wanted? That's why you set the generator on fire, on purpose that day?"

~