𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑂𝑁𝐸 ☆ 6

Flying lessons. That's what was after lunch and Rosalyn was more excited that ever, she looked at Hermione, smiling but that wasn't returned. Rosalyn didn't like to see her best friend worried so she asked her what was up.

"What's wrong, Hermione?"

"I don't like flying, not even the idea," Hermione said, wrinkling her nose. "I can do every lesson but flying."

Rosalyn laughed. "Well, my brothers, or my adoptive ones, never let me play with them, but Ginny, that's my younger sister, and I have been stealing their brooms for years and practicing, don't tell Ron!"

Hermione giggled and her and Rosie walked together to the lawn that they were doing the lesson on.

Thirteen brooms lay on the grass across from another thirteen. Rosalyn and Hermione stood at the top of two brooms and Harry and Ron soon stood opposite them even though Ron was putting up a fight at being near Hermione.

But there was no time to change places because all the brooms were full and a teacher strolled down the gap between the brooms.

"Good afternoon class."

"Good afternoon, Madam Hooch."

The woman reached the top of the aisle of students and said. "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick, come one now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say up, quite firmly."

Rosalyn did as she was told and said, "up!" to her broom, it zoomed straight into her hand. She looked and saw that her and Harry had both done it, everyone else was still trying.

Hermione stared at her incredulously as her broom was still firmly on the ground. Rosalyn noticed that that excuse for a wizard Draco Malfoy had done it second try.

Hermione was trying again but her broom was only rolling on the ground. Ron's next try however was hilarious. He said,"up!" and the top end of the broom went up and smacked him on the face. Rosalyn giggled and Harry was laughing quite audibly, Ron didn't find it funny though. "Shut up you two. Honestly, you're already thick as thieves!"

Finally, everyone had their broomstick in their hand, and Madam Hooch continued with the next step. "Now, once you've got hold of it, you should mount it, grip it tight, when I blow my whistle, kick off hard and hover for a moment, then, you need to lean forward slightly, and touch down again, on my whistle, three, two-"

But before the whistle sounded, a boy left the ground completely, and that boy was Neville Longbottom.

Madam Hooch said. "Mr Longbottom-" but that was lost among the student's shouts.

Neville was now off the ground completely and he suddenly shot forward. Rosalyn felt bad for him as he went straight up into the air and began to shake from side to side. Rosalyn knew at this point that he wasn't in control of the broom and as he did a few mid air flips. He then bashed into the wall end on end on end and flew to the ground, through the tunnel and up the other side of the building.

He stopped at the statue however as the broom went out from under him and he hung from his robes on a spike. All the students rushed to below him as the robes started to rip. Rosalyn couldn't watch as she heard the tear. He fell down, got stopped on a torch and then came into contact with the ground. She heard the crack.

The first years parted to let Madam Hooch through. She examined him and Neville whimpered as she said. "Ooohh dear, it's a broken wrist-"

Rosalyn tuned out as she saw Malfoy pick up the rememberall. Then she tuned back in.