𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅 ☆ 19

She landed, her feet touching the ground and Cedric's body smashing on the grass. She was in the middle of the stands, everyone was cheering for her.

They don't know the truth, she thought, they haven't seen Cedric's body, and once they realise they're all going to hate me...

And sure enough, Fleur Delacour started to scream, and the clapping gradually stopped. Rosalyn, who had broke down in tears as soon as she had arrived, was sobbing, still clutching Cedric's body.

"Rosalyn!" Dumbledore shouted, trying to pull Rosalyn off Cedric.

"No! NO!" She yelled as Dumbledore attempted to pull her away.

"For Godric's sake Dumbledore what happened?" Fudge yelled, appearing to not trust Rosalyn's judgement.

"He's back! He's back! Voldemort's back! Cedric- he asked me to bring his body back-"

"He asked you-" Fudge began.

"I couldn't leave him, not there!" Rosalyn yelled hysterically across him.

"It's alright, Rosalyn, it's alright, he's home, you both are!" Dumbledore tried to console her, but she wouldn't accept it.

"Keep everybody in there seats, a boy has been killed," Rosalyn heard Fudge tell Snape, McGonagall, Madam Maxime and Karkaroff.

"The body must be moved, Dumbledore!" Fudge said, coming back over. "Too many people-"

"Shut up! Shut UP! IT'S MY FAULT HE'S DEAD AND I JUST FOUGHT VOLDEMORT AND ALL YOU CARE ABOUT-"

"Rosalyn!" Dumbledore said, and Rosalyn fell silent, sobbing.

"Move! Move! That's my son! MY SON!" Amos Diggory was racing through the crowd, running straight for Cedric.

He yelled and then Rosalyn saw Rosalie, sobbing silently, running forwards too.

Rosalyn got up and ran towards her, saying. "I-I know you're going to hate me- b-but listen, Cedric- he- he said he'll always love you-"

But Rosalie tackled her into a hug, crying as she said. "I don't hate you, idiot. I kn-know you'd have done all you could to save him-"

"But I didn't do enough," Rosalyn cried. "And now he's dead and it's my fault-"

Rosalie hugged her tighter to shut her up, both of the girls crying their hearts out, their bodies wracking with sobs.

"Potter, come with me," came the growl of Mad-Eye Moody. "Come on, come with me, come on."

He slowly got her away from Rosalie, leaving the girl standing there, her cheeks soaked and tear stainted. Rosalyn could still see the RP and FD on her cheeks.

The CD was almost gone.

And, before she properly left, she caught a glimpse of Neville, scared, wincing, and still with his RP on both cheeks.

Thank you, she thought, thank you, Neville, and Harry, Hermione, Ron, thank you for believing in me and for helping me through this...

Soon she was at Moody's office and getting decanted into a chair. Moody locked the door then he layed a hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright, Potter? Does it hurt?"

"Not so much now," Rosalyn said, but she had a scratch on her cheek and the wound in her arm. There was no denying it.

"Perhaps I better take a look at it," Moody said, and he pulled her left arm up, revealing the slit in her skin, covered in blood.