𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑂𝑁𝐸 ☆ 17

When Rosalyn woke up, she didn't know where she was, but one look at the blue duvet and the pristine bedside table, complete with locket, cards and sweets, she knew she was in the Hospital Wing.

She got up and realised one of her hands was bandaged. She noticed her brother was in the bed beside her, and he grinned at her once he had his glasses on.

"How you doing, Rosie?"

"Not bad," was all she could answer with before Albus Dumbledore walked into the room.

"Good afternoon Rosalyn, Harry," he greeted them, he then pointed to the sweets and cards and said. "Ah I see, tokens, from your admirers."

"Admirers?" Rosalyn asked confusedly.

"What happened down in the dungeons between you two and Professor Quirrel is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows." He smiled warmly, eyes twinkling, Rosalyn and Harry smiled back.

Dumbledore checked a chocolate frog wrapper, but it was empty, he figured it out. "I see your friend Ron has saved you the trouble of opening your chocolate frogs."

"Ron was here, is he alright?" Harry asked hurried.

"What about Hermione-" Rosalyn started.

"Both, fine, both just fine," Dumbledore said, knowing how much it pleased them to hear their friends were alright.

"But what about the stone?" Rosalyn asked.

"Relax, Rosalyn, the stone has been destroyed. My friend Nicholas and I had a little chat, and we agreed it was for the best."

"But then Flamel," Rosalyn said, "He'll die won't he, without the elixir of life to keep him living?"

Dumbledore sat on Rosalyn's bed, facing her and Harry. "He has enough elixir to set his affairs in order, but then yes, he'll die," Dumbledore explained softly.

"And- how is it I got the stone?" Rosalyn asked. "See, one minute I was starting in the mirror, and the next-"

"Ah, you see, the stone could only be retrieved from the mirror by someone who wanted to find the stone, yes, find it, but not use it," he leaned in close to the twins. "And that is one of my most brilliant ideas, don't you think?"

Rosalyn sat up straighter. "Does that mean, with the stone gone that is, that Voldemort can never come back?"

Dumbledore sighed, he didn't want to tell her this. "I'm afraid to say, that there are still ways in which he can return," Rosalyn looked down in disappointment.

Dumbledore answered a question that had been in her mind since it had happened, even in unconsciousness.

"Rosalyn, do you know why Professor Quirrel couldn't bear to have you touch him? And Harry, if you had touched him, you'd see the same thing happening to you."

Rosalyn and Harry shook their heads.

"It was because of your mother, she sacrificed herself for you, and that kind of act leaves a mark." Rosalyn and Harry subconsciously reached for their scars, but Dumbledore stopped them. "No, no, this kind of mark cannot be seen, it lives in your skin, in your body until the day you die."

"What is it?" Rosalyn asked.

"Love," Dumbledore answered, "it is love."

He put a hand on each of the Potter twins' heads before standing up and moving towards the sweets at the end of Rosalyn's bed. "Ah, Bertie Botts every-flavour beans, I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit flavoured one. Since then, I'm afraid, I lost my liking for them altogether," he looked in the box and picked out a bean. "But I think I could be safe with a nice toffee," he put the bean in his mouth and chewed, after a few seconds he answered his own question. "Alas, earwax."