𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑇𝐻𝑅𝐸𝐸 ☆ 12

Hagrid had arrived back from his hearing about Buckbeak an hour ago. Rosalyn, Harry, Hermione and Ron were in their way to his right now, but that was when the snappy argument started.

They were walking out the doors and into the courtyard, going to visit Hagrid, when Hermione and Ron resumed what they had started last night.

"Beautiful day," Hermione said as if she wanted to carry on but didn't.

"Gorgeous," Ron replied, he started short but finished scathingly. "Unless of course you've been ripped to pieces!"

"Ripped to pieces?" Harry and Rosalyn said together. "What are you talking about?"

Hermione gave a hearty, yet loud, sigh, and continued walking ahead of them. "Ronald has lost his rat."

"I didn't lose anything!" Ron yelled after her, and some first years turned round at his voice, he scowled at them as they giggled. "Your cat killed him!"

"Evidence?" Rosalyn asked, and Ron made to stamp on her foot, but he missed and stumbled over. Rosalyn sniggered.

"That's rubbish!" Hermione turned all their minds back to the conversation.

"Harry," Ron appealed to his best friend. "You've seen the way that bloodthirsty beast of hers is always lurking about! Scabbers is gone!"

Harry looked very much as though he didn't want to be involved, but Rosalyn spoke up.

"Ron! Can't you see that you have no proof whatsoever?"

"It doesn't matter, I just have a nasty feeling whenever that cat's involved!" Ron retorted, but in Rosalyn's opinion, his response was pretty weak.

Hermione, however, turned round and walked backwards, practically yelling. "Well maybe you should learn to take better care of your pets!"

"Your cat killed him!"

"Did not!"

"Did!"

Rosalyn and Harry stood behind them, and Rosalyn put no further words in all the way down to the Black Lake, where Hagrid was meeting them.

Hagrid was there, still in his furry suit and ancient orange and yellow tie, but his trousers were pulled up and he was knee-deep in the water. Which, for Hagrid was pretty deep. He was skimming huge stones that went miles. Rosalyn felt pretty sure that he didn't want to look at them.

"How did it go, Hagrid?" Hermione asked tentatively. "The hearing?"

"Oh, well, first off, the commitee members took turns talkin' about why we were there," he said sarcastically, and Rosalyn tried not to laugh.

Hagrid skimmed another stone viciously. "Well, then I got up an' did my piece. Told them Buckbeak was a good Hippogriff, always cleaned his feathers!"

He sighed, turned a stone in his hand and looked down. "And then... Lucius Malfoy got up, and told everyone that Buckbeak was a deadly an' dangerous creature, who would kill ya, as soon as yeh looked at him."

"And then?" Hermione asked nervously as another stone rode out to sea.

"And then he asked fer the worst, gid ol' Lucius."

"You're not sacked are you?" Ron asked. Rosalyn and Hermione glared at him for being so blunt.

But Hagrid answered, "No, I'm not sacked," he started to cry, but he still didn't face them. "Buckbeak's bin sentenced teh death!"

He chucked another stone into the lake and Rosalyn was outraged.

She stood up, irate. "I swear when I see that blonde haired, pompous faced, bi-"