𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑂𝑁𝐸 ☆ 12

She was determined. That night, they would stop Snape and save the philosopher's stone. In the late afternoon Rosalyn, Hermione, Harry and Ron discussed their plans, that would be put into action by the end of the night.

"So, Hermione, you need to keep watch outside the staff room, all the teachers are there at this time, anyway, keep your eyes peeled for Snape and follow him if he leaves, can you do that?"

"Yes," said Hermione, nodding, "but, why me?"

Ron laughed, "you can pretend to want to talk to him about that rubbish we did in charms class yesterday." He mimicked Hermione. "I'm really sorry, Sir, I'm waiting for Professor Flitwick, I think I got the last question on his test wrong..."

Hermione rolled her eyes and said, "Shut up." But she trusted Rosalyn, and went to keep an eye out for Snape.

Rosalyn and the boys went to the third floor with the invisibility cloak, staying quiet, they weren't talking in case they got caught, but after an hour, Rosalyn could tell Ron was getting bored.

"But why can't Snape just come?" He exclaimed, coming out from underneath the cloak. Rosalyn shushed him but he waved her off. She said urgently. "We can't just leave, if Snape comes, he's coming for Voldemort! He's coming to get the stone!"

Ron reluctantly agreed and hid himself again. They didn't see anyone for another half an hour, and even Rosalyn had to admit that what they were doing was becoming pointless, but then a noise screeched through the darkness.

"Meow!"

Rosalyn jumped violently. It was Mrs Norris, Filch's cat. Could they get any more unlucky?

Rosalyn, Ron and Harry appeared out from under cloak and ran, but didn't get very far. Because McGonagall was waiting for them.

She pursed her lips, raising her eyebrows at the three of them, Rosalyn knew she was angry, and they were going to get detention, and Snape would get away.

Well, she did go off at them.

"I don't know if you think that you're harder to get past than a pack of enchantments," her voice got higher. "If you come here again, I'll take another fifty points from Gryffindor, yes, Potter, my own house!"

She sent them back to the common room. The only hope Rosalyn could cling onto now was the fact that Hermione was persuing Snape. But that didn't work either. She came through the portrait hole about five minutes after they did, and she was in despair.

"Rosalyn, it didn't work! Snape came and asked what I was doing, obviously I said I was waiting for Flitwick, but Snape outsmarted us! He went and got Flitwick and then went off, I only got away just now!"

She wasn't angry at her friends. She was really angry at herself, at Snape and at Voldemort. He was the one that had started this, after all, but even though she wasn't angry at Harry, Ron and Hermione, her voice was hard when she spoke to them. "This isn't over."

Her eyes were glittering with determination and Ron knew that look. She wasn't going to be stopped.

"What d'you mean?" Harry asked.

"I'm going down that portrait hole tonight, and I'm getting that stone before he does."

"No! Rosie- that's mental!"

"You can't! McGonagall would expell you!"

"So what?" Rosalyn broke out. "If Voldemort comes back, there won't be anything to get expelled from, there'll be a war! Like there was before! Harry and I are DEAD if he comes back!" She finally yelled, and Hermione, surprisingly, was the first to agree.