𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝐹𝐼𝑉𝐸 ☆ 11

The new term started with a relish. Rosalyn was more unhappy than she had ever been at Hogwarts, and thought very much that if it wasn't for the DA she would've let herself be expelled and go home.

Right now, it was a weekend and Rosalyn and Neville were walking together in the courtyard. Neville was really happy that it wasn't so awkward after their kiss, and so was Rosalyn.

"Rosie!" Hermione suddenly came up to her, pulling her by the arm. "Hagrid's back."

Rosalyn was deciding to stay or go, but eventually she said a "sorry" to Neville and went with Hermione. They went to get Harry and Ron and then they ran out the castle.

They carefully sprinted down the hill, trying not to trip on their robes, then landed on the gravel outside Hagrid's hut. They soon realised that someone had beat them to it in welcoming Hagrid back.

"I'll tell you one more time," Umbridge said, as the quartet spied in the window. "I'm ordering you to tell me where you've been."

"I've told you," Hagrid said matter of factly. "I've been away for me health."

"Your health?" Umbitch asked, trying to see round Hagrid. This made the quartet duck down as she couldn't know they were there.

"Yeah, a bit of fresh air, you know?" Hagrid tried again. Rosalyn could almost guarantee he wasn't telling the truth.

"Ah, yes, as gamekeeper fresh air must be hard to come by," Umbitch said sarcastically. "If I were you, I wouldn't get too used to being back, in fact, I mightn't bother unpacking at all."

And with that she strode from the hut. Rosalyn had to pull Ron back as he would've been seen, but she did see the Pink Bitch (resorting back to her original name) spray perfume outside the hut.

"Come on, let's go," Rosalyn whispered as she saw Umbitch was half way up the hill.

When they got to the door, Rosalyn smelled a very heavy scent of roses, and choked on it. Ron laughed at her and she playfully cuffed him on the head as they headed inside. They were greeted by Hagrid, but he was different. He had scars all over his face and he appeared to be injured in his legs as he rarely left his chair. Rosalyn and the other three sat at the table across from him and saw him get a raw steak to put on his black and swollen eye.

"This is top secret, a' righ'?" He said when they asked him what he'd been doing. "Dumbledore sen' me teh parlay with the giants."

"Giants?" Hermione gasped. "You found them?"

"Well. they're not that hard to find to be perfectly honest, they're so big, see? Anyway, I tried to convince 'em, to join the cause. Bu' I wasn' the only one tha' was tryin' teh win them over."

"Death eaters?" Rosalyn and Ron asked at the same time.

"Yes, tryin to get them to join You-Know-Who," Hagrid said dully. "I gave them Dumbledore's message, I suppose some of them remember he was friendly to them, I suppose..."

"And- and they did this to you?" Harry asked, pointing out all Hagrid's injuries.

"Well not exactly, no," Hagrid said evasively as Fang barked, wanting the steak. "Go on then you have it then, you dozy dog."

Whilst Fang devoured the steak, Hagrid finally got up and went to the window. Rosalyn followed him and so did Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"It's changin' out there," Hagrid said. "Just like last time... there's a storm comin' Rosie, and we'd all best be ready when she does..."

Rosalyn looked out at the raging storm, wondering if any of this would ever end.

☆☆☆