𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑆𝐼𝑋 ☆ 1

Rosalyn Potter was sat in her bedroom at The Burrow, finally happy that she was allowed to go back to Hogwarts.

For the past few days, Molly, her adoptive mum, had been seriously rethinking the decision to send her three youngest children, Ron, Rosalyn and Ginny, back to Hogwarts. Arthur, Rosalyn's adoptive dad, had told his wife that she was being stupid. Molly had revolted, saying that she was just caring, but when Rosalyn and Ginny (Ron was staying out of it) started to agree with their dad, she came round.

Anyway, at this moment, Rosalyn was watching out the window, waiting for two letters. One from Harry, her brother, and one from Neville, who had gotten closer to her over the holidays.

That was when she got a massive surprise.

"Hey, kid."

Rosalyn recognised that voice. But it was one she hadn't heard for about two months.

Turning round, she knew what she was going to see. The familiar face, the flaming red hair and the hazel eyes.

Izzy, her aunt and godmother, stood behind her, in the doorway.

After the death of her husband, Rosalyn's godfather, Sirius Black, Izzy hadn't been around. She hadn't spoken or shown herself to anyone in weeks.

Rosalyn hadn't seen her in ages.

"Izzy," she breathed, getting up off her seat and running at her aunt, hugging her tightly.

Izzy gave a soft, rather hollow chuckle, before Rosalyn started to cry, tears forming in her eyes and a few sliding down her cheeks.

She held on tighter as she whispered. "I'm so, so sorry, Izzy... so sorry. Wh-what happened- it was all my fault..."

Izzy pulled back saying. "If I hear you say that again, I'll be angry. Rosie, it was not your fault..."

Rosalyn shook her head. Sirius' death was her fault, after all, and she wasn't going to change the way she thought.

Izzy, however, said. "Rosie, listen... I'm not angry at you, I just..."

She trailed off, but before Rosalyn could say anything else, Izzy continued. "I just knew him a very long time. And falling in love with him... it was the... the best thing that's ever happened to me. And- when he got sent to Azkaban, I-I lost him. And I had just got him back, and..."

She trailed off and Rosalyn sighed, more tears coming as she got hugged again, even tighter.

The two hugged for at least two minutes in silence until Izzy sighed heavily and said. "Molly's insisted that I come here for a few days, and... I tried to get out of it, very hard, but..."

She trailed off, and this time waited until Rosie said softly. "What made you change your mind?"

Izzy sighed again, deciding to be honest. "You. Molly told me you were beating yourself up about it... that you thought it was your fault. And I thought... that's what I've been doing... and to be honest, it hasn't really got me anywhere."

Rosalyn gave a slightly cheery chuckle, pulling back from the hug. "So... you're actually staying?"

Izzy smiled. "Yeah, kid. Partly because of the reason I just told you, but also..."

Rosalyn raised her eyebrows. "Also what?"

Izzy shrugged, a smirk showing through. "Well, I... I still miss him more than ever, of course, but I think...

"I think I'm finally ready to be my old self again."

☆☆☆

Once Izzy left her room and went downstairs, Rosalyn went back to staring out the window, hoping that her letters would arrive soon.