𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅 ☆ 9

The first task was today, right now, and Rosalyn was getting ready. She was in a tent with all the other champions. She was wearing a Quidditch hoodie with 8 POTTER on it. She placed the tent nervously and wondered what was going on outside.

The truth was, nothing much. Fred and George were rampaging around with boxes round their necks yelling. "Bets taken! Make your bets here! Who do you thinks gonna win?"

Draco Malfoy was constantly hoping for Rosalyn to go down in ten minutes. Harry and Ron were rethinking their life decisions, Tristan was biting his nails in anxiousness for 'Rosaleen' and Hermione and Rosalie, well they were...

Rosalyn was walking around the tent, and when she got to the edge of it, there came a low hiss. "Psst, psst, Rosie, is that you?"

"Yeah," Rosalyn said.

"How're you feeling, okay?" Hermione asked, on the other side of the tent fabric, and Rosalyn restrained herself from telling her the truth.

"The key is to concentrate," Hermione said. "After that you just have to-"

"Battle a dragon," said Rosalyn, breathing hard.

Hermione heard her, and in that instant she launched herself into the tent and Rosalyn's arms. The best friends's hug would've been great, if a flash of a camera hadn't sounded just then. Rosalyn and Hermione looked round and saw Rita Skeeter and her camera man coming into the tent.

"Oh, these two must be friends," Rita rubbed her hands together. "At least you have one friend, Rosalyn, from what I've been hearing..."

"And what've your twisted ears been hearing?" Rosalyn was already pissed enough, she didn't need more unnecessary hassle.

Rita said. "Ooh, Rosalyn that was so... stirring. And anyway, if everything goes... unfortunately today, you two 'besties' might even make the front page."

"Shut. Your. Mou-" Rosalyn said, but someone else cut her off.

"You haf no business here," Viktor Krum stood behind Rita and he looked angry, even though she wasn't pestering him. He looked at Hermione and Rosalyn. "This tent is for champions... and friends."

"And since you're neither so I suggest you get going," Rosalyn said cuttingly with a sarcastic wave.

"No matter," Rita said, leaving just as Dumbledore came in.

He had Crouch, Karkaroff, Madam Maxime and Filch beside him. "Good day, champions. Now, you've waited, you've wondered, and at last the moment has arrived, a moment, that only four of you can really appreciate-"

He looked at Hermione several times before asking her. "What're you doing here Miss Granger?"

"Oh, erm- sorry I'll just- go," Hermione said awkwardly. She mouthed "good luck" at Rosalyn and then she was gone.

Dumbledore spoke again. "Barty, the bag."

Crouch, who was holding a leather bag in his withered hands said. "Champions in a circle round me, please," and he spent at least a minute getting them into a 'proper circle'.

Finally, he offered the bad to Fleur. "Now, Miss Delacour, if you will."

From the bag a small amount of smoke came, and before she could get it properly in, Fleur withdrew her hand from the bag as it was obviously quite hot. After she had managed to get the first prize out if the bag.

It was a miniature dragon that was green, scaly and had a lethal tail. Fleur looked up at Madam Maxime as it breathed a small jet of fire in her hand.

"The welsh green," Crouch said, then moved on.