𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑇𝑊𝑂 ☆ 5

Rosalyn was in Defence Against the Dark Arts. There were several reasons she wasn't looking forward to this lesson, and she couldn't find any reasons she was.

When the class went in, Rosalyn and Hermione had moved to go together, but Rosalyn's place had been taken by Susan Bones, Rosalyn had scowled at Susan, but because she was such a nice girl, Susan didn't recognise her scowl and took it for a smile, which, of course, Rosalyn didn't return.

She sat down at a desk a few rows behind Hermione, and Dean Thomas joined her. Rosalyn still didn't smile, her face remained stony.

Gilderoy Lockhart, in her opinion, was a git that hadn't done anything that he claimed to have done. He had such a swollen head that he couldn't see clearly, especially when people wanted left alone, and she hated him so much.

And he was just about to prove her entirely right.

"Let me introduce you to your new defence against the dark arts teacher," he said, coming out of a doorway at the top of the classroom. "Me. Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, honourary member, of the dark force defence league, and five times winner, of the Witch Weekly's most charming smile award." Hermione and Susan sighed with lovestruck smiles on their faces, and Rosalyn was suddenly glad that she didn't sit next to her best friend. They were doing to much simpering for her liking, whilst she rolled her eyes, listening to more of the waffle that Lockhart had to say.

"But I don't talk about that, after all, I didn't get rid of the bandon banshee by smiling at it, did I?" He gave an exaggerated smile and Rosalyn had a sudden impulse to smile back, so she put on the most cheesy, wide smile she could muster, her face hurt but she didn't care. Lockhart looked at her and said. "Ah, I see Miss Potter here is a huge admirer, she even wants to look like me!" The boys looked round at her and laughed, the girls gave her dirty looks. All but Lockhart knew she was being sarcastic.

Rosalyn resumed her normal face shape, looking at Lockhart with the utmost disgust.

"Great, great, and I see you all have a complete set of my books, as well, though you all probably had them already."

Rosalyn said loudly. "Oh yes, Sir, I've read them all, I love the part where you curl back in fear and let everyone else do the work, then take credit for their efforts."

The smile on Lockhart's face faltered and the boys all laughed openly. Rosalyn got looks of poison from Lavender Brown, Parvati Patil and her twin, Padma.

"You must have misread, Miss Potter," Lockhart said testily. "But anyway, I thought we might start off today with a little quiz, nothing to worry about, just to see how well you know your, legendary teacher." Lockhart boasted, Rosalyn bit her tongue to stop herself saying another cutting remark.

He handed out a sheet of A4 paper, double sided, to everyone, then said, "you have thirty minutes, start, now!"

Rosalyn turned over her paper and read:

1. What is Gilderoy Lockhart's favourite colour?
2. What is Gilderoy Lockhart's secret ambition?
3. What, in your opinion, is Gilderoy Lockhart's greatest achievement to date?

And it went on and on for two sides of paper, until:

54. When is Gilderoy Lockhart's birthday, and what would his ideal gift be?

Rosalyn grew more and more irritated after reading every question, and thought, if I don't write anything, he'll ask me why I haven't, and I can tell him the truth...

And so she put her head down, and for a whole thirty minutes, didn't write a word.

Lockhart soon collected in the papers, or asked Rosalyn to, she put hers at the bottom, and by mistake, Hermione's was second bottom. Rosalyn put the papers on Lockhart's desk and he ruffled through them.