𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑇𝐻𝑅𝐸𝐸 ☆ 9

Rosalyn woke up in the Hospital Wing, and tried to remember what had happened. She thought about some things. The fall... the scream... the dementors. But she didn't move just then, but just took in the voices around her.

"Is she alright, d'you think?"

"She looks a bit peaky."

"Oi! What d'you expect? Fell about a hundred feet!"

"Yeah, come on Ron, let's chuck you off the Astronomy tower, see what you look like."

She slowly opened her eyes and saw Neville, Ron, Hermione, Fred and George peering over her. Neville seemed particularly distressed, looking to see if she was okay. But Rosalyn just took this as the moment to make joke. "Probably a bloody sight better than what he normally does."

She tried to sit up but didn't manage, so she just stayed lying down. There was loads of relieved faces around her and she tried to make sense of some. She saw Harry, Ron and Hermione, of course, and Fred and George beside them, still in their quidditch robes. She also saw the rest of the team, still dressed in theirs, standing slightly further back.

There was also Neville, who was sat beside Ron on the left side of Rosalyn. He had a slightly flushed face.

Hermione suddenly came closer to her and asked. "How are you feeling?"

"Oh, amazing," Rosalyn said sarcastically. "Dementors scaring the crap out of me, falling off my broom, and being brought to the hospital wing? Oh yeah, that's my daily routine."

"Well you gave us a right good scare, there, Rosie," George said, coming round the bed so that Rosalyn could see that he and Fred were genuine.

"What happened?" Rosalyn asked impulsively.

"Well... you fell off your broom," answered Ron.

"Yeah, no shit," Rosalyn laughed.

"We were amazed you stayed alive," Said Neville in a quiet tone, looking determinedly at the floor.

"But- but what about the match?" Rosalyn braced herself. "Wh- who won?"

Hermione sat up from beside her, looking almost worried. "No one blames you Rosie. The dementors aren't supposed to come inside the grounds. Dumbledore was furious, as soon as he saved you he sent them off, banished them."

Rosalyn was annoyed and embarrassed, but then she noticed something that distracted her. Ron was carrying a bag of something, and she had a faint idea what as he stepped up and said. "The- there's something else you should know too. When you fell- your broom it sort of flew into the Whomping Willow." Rosalyn gasped as she saw the pieces of her battered broomstick in the bag. "And- you know how much it doesn't like being hit."

Rosalyn sighed as Hermione said. "We're sorry Rosie, really sorry."

"It's fine," Rosalyn said, over and over, but that was a lie. She wasn't fine, and everyone watching her knew it.

☆☆☆

Rosalyn spent the next few days in the hospital wing, with many interesting visits along the way.

First there was Hagrid, who, despite the trauma about Buckbeak, still came to see her and check up on her.

"Yeh okay?" He asked tentatively. "I don' think I've ever seen Dumbledore that angry, ever, when 'e sent the dementors off, the look on 'is face..."

Rosalyn sighed and said. "I was so stupid, Hagrid! I fell off my broom in front of the whole school, they're all going to think I'm an idiot!"

"O' course they don'!" Hagrid said incredulously. "Yeh're a headstrong girl that meets problems, and when you do, there's no need to be embarrassed abou' 'em!"