𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑂𝑁𝐸 ☆ 8

Quidditch day! Rosalyn woke up excited, got dressed quickly and practically ran down to breakfast with Hermione.

When they got there, Ron was tucking in to his food and Harry was playing around with his. When Rosalyn and Hermione got there and started to eat, Ron said, "come on!" to Harry.

Hermione stepped in. "Ron's right, Harry, you're going to need your strength today."

Rosalyn nodded along with the other two. "Yeah, Harry, come on, eat!"

Just then, Professor Snape came up behind Rosalyn and scared her with, "good luck today you two, but then again, now that you've proven yourselves against a troll a little game of quidditch should be no problem. Even if you are playing Slytherin."

As he went away, Rosalyn saw he was limping, and decided to tell her friends what she saw. "That explains the blood."

"Blood?" asked a puzzled Hermione. "What blood?"

"Listen," said Rosalyn to her three friends. "Last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could get past the three headed dog, but he got bitten, that's why he's limping."

"Why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione asked.

Harry answered this time. "I've just thought of something! The day I was at Gringotts Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults, said it was Hogwarts business, very secret," he finished.

"So you're saying-" Rosalyn deduced.

"That's what the dog's guarding, that's what Snape wants."

Just then, Rosalyn heard the cry of an owl and saw Ruby and a snowy white owl Harry told her was his, Hedwig, carrying broomstick shaped packages. Rosalyn's broom she used at the burrow had broken recently, and so she didn't have one, so it was good that she got a new one. Hermione was confused.

"Bit early for mail isn't it?"

"I- I never get mail." Harry's eyes were wide.

"Let's open them!" Ron and Rosalyn said.

Once they had pulled the paper off of them, Harry gasped.

"It's a broomstick!"

Ron knew which one it was though. "No, Harry! They're not just broomsticks, they're-"

Rosalyn butted in excitedly. "Nimbus Two Thousands!"

Rosalyn looked up, and saw McGonagall with an owl on either side. Ruby and Hedwig. She was smiling at the twins, she had a feeling that they were going to win.

☆☆☆

The team walked through the stands, Rosalyn was talking to her fellow chasers, Angelina Johnson and Katie Bell, about tactics. She was excited, Harry was talking to Wood at the front as they reached the wooden gate, and she felt like she should have the pep talk too.

"Nervous?" He asked the twins.

"A little," They answered in unison.

"Ah, well, I felt the same way before my first match."

"What happened?" Rosalyn asked curiously.

"I don't really remember," the quidditch captain said. "Took a bludger to the head ten minutes in, woke up in hospital a week later."

Just then the gate opened and everyone including Harry and Rosalyn mounted their brooms.

Lee Jordan, the commentator said. "Welcome to Hogwarts and the first game of the season, today, it's Slytherin vs GRYFFINDOR!" You could tell which side he supported, but he was a Gryffindor after all.