𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑇𝐻𝑅𝐸𝐸 ☆ 5

Malfoy was in the Hospital Wing for four days before he finally decided he could leave. There were rumours going round that Madame Pomfrey had discharged him in two hours after his arrival, but he had insisted he stay.

He strutted into the great hall one day at lunch with his arm in a sling, and looked as though he thought he was a war veteran.

It would have been funny to Rosalyn, if she hadn't been so worried about Hagrid. But she still hissed across the table to Malfoy, who was telling his hero story to Pansy Parkinson. "Quit acting, Malfoy, Madam Pomfrey told me your arm's completely fine! She fixed it in seconds!"

Malfoy ignored her, and Rosalyn turned her attention back to ghosts on horses galloping through the great hall.

Pansy Parkinson asked, for what Rosalyn had counted was the sixth time. "Does it hurt terribly, Draco?"

"It comes and it goes," Draco said whilst Rosalyn rolling her eyes. "Still, I consider myself luck, Madame Pomfrey said another minute of two and I could've lost my arm."

Back at the Gryffindor table, Rosalyn turned around and yelled over to Malfoy. "You'll be losing your arm in a second because I'll rip it off!"

Malfoy continued to drawl to Pansy. "Believe me, if Madame Pomfrey hadn't given me this special potion, I would have..."

Ron said. "Listen to the bloody idiot, he's really laying it on thick isn't he?"

"Yeah but at least Hagrid didn't get fired," said Harry.

"Yeah but I hear Draco's father's furious," Hermione added. "We haven't heard the end of this."

"All this?" Rosalyn asked, deeply annoyed. "All this just because they hate Hagrid?"

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" Seamus Finnigan sprinted down the great hall with a newspaper and slapped it on the oak table near where Rosalyn, Harry, Ron and Hermione were.

"Who?" Ron asked, even though it was plainly obvious, Seamus would only be acting this crazy over one sighting.

"Sirius Black!"

Hermione set about reading the article. "Dufftown? That's not far from here!"

Neville, who was sitting beside Dean, who Seamus was standing beside, said, "You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts? Do you?"

"With dementors at every entrance? Don't reckon it's likely..."

"Dementors! He's already slipped past them once, hasn't he? Who's to say he won't do it again?"

"That's right," said the same Hufflepuff who had read out the description of the grim. "Black could be anywhere. It's like try'na catch smoke. Try'na catch smoke with your bare hands."

Rosalyn sighed as she saw the man with matted, greasy hair, and ripped clothes. It was a moving picture, and Rosalyn saw that someone was trying to restrain him as he writhed and struggled.

☆☆☆

Next, they had defence against the dark arts. Now, when Rosalyn, Harry and Ron (they didn't know where Hermione was) entered the classroom, they were surprised to see that Professor Lupin had magically put the desks to the edge of the classroom, cleared space in the middle of the room for a class, and, another surprise, there was a large wardrobe at the back.

They wondered no more about why it was there until everyone had arrived. And right now, only half the class had.

When Seamus, Dean and Neville came in, Rosalyn and Seamus got into an animated talk about Sirius Black.