𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅 ☆ 13

The quartet was in the library, and Rosalyn had her head on a book, feeling like this was never going to happen.

Hermione was pacing, actually reading her book. "Rosie tell me again, there's got to be a way that we can do this."

Rosalyn took a deep breath, and let it out in a heavy sigh. Tapping her chin on the book as she spoke, she recited. "Come seek us where our voices sound."

"The black lake, that's obvious," Hermione said immediately. Ron, who was snoring and not even attempting to hid the fact that he was sleeping, was soon shook by Hermione, who was agitated.

"An hour long you'll have to look," Rosalyn quoted again.

"Again, obvious," Hermione said. "Though, admittedly potentially problematic-"

Rosalyn looked up. "Potentially problematic? When was the last bloody time you held your breath underwater for an hour, Hermione?"

Hermione looked slightly bad, and knelt down beside Rosalyn's chair. "Rosie- Rosie we can do this, the four of us can figure it out."

"Hate to break up the little scholarship session," said a growl. Mad-Eye Moody appeared from behind a bookshelf. "But Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office."

It was funny how Rosalyn and Ron moved first, but Moody said. "Not you two, Mr Potter and Miss Granger."

"But Sir, the second task is only hours away and-" Hermione started to protest.

"Exactly," Moody said, and then he started the guilt trips. "So, presumably Miss Potter is well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep."

Ron and Hermione were still reluctant, so he snarled. "Go! Now!"

Rosalyn didn't care at that moment whether Moody was an ally or not. She said loudly. "Brilliant! Do you happen to know why McGonagall wants to take two of my three best friends away?"

Moody growled low. "Miss Potter, I've heard about your sassy attitude, and you won't use it with me. McGonagall wanted these two and I'm following orders!"

Rosalyn sighed, moving closer to Moody. "Fine. I said it. You said it. The teachers all agreed. And if I die during this task then I'm sure that regret won't be strong enough for what you feel."

Moody said slowly, facing her, his voice a low snarl. "I don't suspect you'll die, Miss Potter, you always find a way not to." He turned and walked away. "Granger! Potter! With me!"

Once the three of them had gone, Ron said to Rosalyn. "Well I don't have a bloody clue what to do, d'you?"

"No," Rosalyn laughed, then brought up something that she thought she never would. "You know, Ron, I never wanted this, it sucks to be me. Really."

Ron laughed. "Rosie, I know. I was a bit of an asshole as well."

Rosalyn smiled. "I thought that, but now I realise that you couldn't help it. I'm sorry, Ron."

"I'm sorry, too, Rosie. Now, how can we solve this?"

"Maybe I can help," said the hopeful voice of Neville. Since the ball, Rosalyn and Neville had made up, and they had been talking a lot. Hermione had been sniggering and saying that they had to get together soon, but Rosalyn had turned her down. It was never going to happen.

Ron sighed, for once realising that he couldn't ruin the moment. "I'm going back to the common room, Rosie, Neville can help you."

He left and Rosalyn gave Neville some books on underwater plants.